November 2011 Weddings

Save The Dates?

How far before the wedding do we send out the STD cards? My mom said 6 months, but I assumed it was as soon as you got engaged. Any thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Save The Dates?

• i personally would say anthing between a yr and 9 months, especially if your guests are likely to have other plans. 

i'm sending mine at xmas.  i originally was going to do it in the new yr so it was fresh in peoples minds, but sending with the xmas cards saves postage.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Honeymoon Sunset

Anniversary

• 10-12 Months I'd say. I'm also doing mine during Christmas. 

:)
    Me (26) DH (26) TTC since March 2012. Dx: Hypothyroid in 2007.
    CD3 BW: Low AMH - .88; 7dpo BW - 10.3; SA: Normal; HSG - All Open. Genetic Testing revealed MTHFR - C (hetero)
    1st RE Appt 10.24.12
    Oct. 2012: 100mg Clomid (CD3-7)+ Ovidrel (CD12) + TI = P4-35.9 = BFP 11/16/12 (12dpo)t!!
    Beta #1 (11/19) =142! Beta #2 (11/21) = 303!, Beta #3 (11/23) = 640!
    EDD: 07/31/2013!
    My Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I really like the sending them at Christmass idea. I was planning on sending mine about a year in advance too, because our wedding date is the saturday after Thanksgiving and I wanted to give guests enough advanced notice that they could make their Thanksgiving plans around the wedding if they wanted. Also it's nice to give people that are still in school or have kids in school enough time to make arrangments.
  • I am sending mine after christmas like mid Jan.  My whole family gets scattered brained around christmas time because so many people come from out of town.  I want to overwhelm them.  I am getting married on a friday and I want them to have enough time to make plans and set up hotel arrangments!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My wedding is the 11-26-11 so im sending them out right around Thanksgiving so that people realize this Thanksgiving what they will be doing next year around Thanksgiving. lol
  • I don't remember who had the idea, but someone suggested sending them mid January, that way everyone has their new calendars :]
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • In Response to Re: Save The Dates?:
    I don't remember who had the idea, but someone suggested sending them mid January, that way everyone has their new calendars :]
    Posted by sarajenae13
    I like this! Very good idea.Cool I think I'll do that.
    November 2011 Brides *April* Siggy Challenge

Honeymoon in Ireland
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I read 9-12 months before.  It really depends on where people are coming from and the plans they have to make.  I am sending mine early (by Nov. 1st) because there is another wedding at the same venue with 250 guests and most are coming from out of town and I want to make sure people reserve their hotel rooms now because the ceremony/reception site is located in the hotel.  I am putting a note and out reservation code in with the save the dates.  Thats what my wedding coordinator suggested. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards