• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
November 2011 Weddings

Bridesmaid Dresses

I've found and fallen in love with a particular dress at David's Bridal for all of my bridesmaids. Still over a year until 11/11/11...but I'm stressed about not getting them!

What to do?
Suggestions?

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses

• Have you already asked your girls to be bridesmaids? If so, why not order them, unless you are worried about them changing sizes. I plan on ordering mine by Christmas, because I too love a dress style at DB and was told after Christmas is when the new styles come out, and old styles could possibly go out! :[

November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I would possibly talk to someone at DB (maybe a manager) and see what their opinion is of them possibly still being there after this winter. I would look for someone who would be in-the-know on their inventory. I know there are some dress styles that have been there since my friends got married in 2008.
  • ditto sara,  if you know who your WP are get them.  I definately think that if you love it you should get it no matter how early, with things like this you'll regrett it if you cant find anything else you like.

I would just make sure however that none of your BM are planning on getting pregnant, and check with the shop how easy they might be to alter if anyone changes weight.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Honeymoon Sunset

Anniversary

• i'd have to agree. talk to your BMs and go get 'em, tiger! who knows if you'll find a style of dresses you like as much as the ones they have now!

annnnd, i think you guys should definitely share the styles that you are eyeing! i'm still up in the air on the look i'm going to go for with the BMs and would love some inspiration :)
    Photobucket
    *November 2011 Club Board Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Blog
  • I'll share mine! :]

They are all made of a jersey knit! So they will be comfortable, and wont wrinkle on the trip up. I live in southern Michigan and we are getting married 4 hours north! 

So far two out of the three of my girls are hooked on the one strapped dress, I don't mind if they pick different ones though, as long as it's one of the three and in the same color! 

November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited September 2010
    Here is mine! It's the shorter one, and it is dark red. "Wine" is what they call the color.

• you ladies have fabulous taste! i love both of your choices!

i always thought i wanted my ladies to have all the same dresses, but seeing as how i have 10 ladies (yes, 10!) with 10 completely different bodies, i'm thinking it's not very realistic for me! so, i'll probably do something similar...pick a color and let the BMs choose a style. i also absolutely love the idea of dresses that won't wrinkle, seeing as how i've seen far too many pictures of bridesmaids with crinkly dresses.

and katherine! i loooove that dress, it's so chic and cute! the bodice is gorgeous, and i like that length. i bet it's even more stunning in red :)

way to go, ladies :) we'll have to keep eachother updated on the hunt.
    Photobucket
    *November 2011 Club Board Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Blog
  • My bridesmaids are all in the size range of 2 to 8 and the height range of 4'11" to 5'7" and all but one of them very modest (they like coverage).  So they're relatively similar but still different enough that I'm considering the idea of different dresses.  My bigger issue is whether I should have floor length dresses or short dresses?  It'll be cold because it'll be November, so longer dresses would be warmer (and more formal).  But the bridesmaid's dresses will be black, so if I go with short dresses then they could DEFIITELY wear-again a little black dress.

*sigh* Decisions, decisions.
    image image image image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards