Honeymoon Discussions

Jamaica Vs. Cabo in June?

My fiance and i have already been to Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, and Riviera Maya.  We wanted to try someplace new for our honeymoon.  Jamaica and Cabo San Lucas are where we have narrowed it down to.   We LOVE a beach that is white sand and clear water and we are aware that Cabo does no have that.  But because of its popularity and that it won't be rainy season in June we are highly considering it.  On the other hand Jamaica has the beaches we love, but we would be going at the start of their rainy season.  I would love some insight on this :) 

Re: Jamaica Vs. Cabo in June?

• I personally would rather go to Cabo. But I've never been to Mexico (going for our hm). So in your case I would go with jamaica. I'm sure it will be gorgeous and like no where you've ever been
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We had my sister's wedding at the Cabo San Lucas Riu in June (end of the month) and not only did it never rain, we never saw a cloud! It was AMAZING! Take a trip to Lover's Beach. It's the only real beach you can swim in (rip tides are really strong in Cabo).

My sister had previously been to Jamaica and says Cabo was SO much nicer!

Hope this helps!
  • We went to Jamaica three yrs ago in late June. Not a drop fell. Bright sunny skies the whole week. You can't predict the weather. Go with where your heart tells you to go. If it rains or is cloudy just make the best of it. After all it IS your honeymoon ;)
  • When are you planning on June? I read somewhere that Cabo is basically on lock down and sold out from 6/15 to 6/22 due to the G20 Summit. Traveling there will be a nightmare. We are only a 2 hour flight from there, so I was considering it for a weekend trip before my FI's 6/25 b-day. Not so much anymore!

• Thank you everyone. This was helpful.
  • I'm not sure what Jamaica's June temps are like, but Cabo will likely be pretty hot (90-110), so that's something to consider. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards