November 2011 Weddings

AW: My DIY Invite - PIP - need advice

I designed and worded my own invites.  The time is coming up for me to order them, and I'm getting ready to send the file to Zazzle and order.  But before I do that, I would like to get some opinions from you ladies on what you think of them.  Is the wording OK?  How about the colors?  Font size?  Should I take the wedding website off?  (It's practical to put it there, but it feels a bit tacky.)  My mom said something about taking off the S at the top because that's not my monogram yet, but without it the invite feels so empty, and I can't come up with anything to replace it with.  Thoughts?

image image image image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: AW: My DIY Invite - PIP - need advice

• I think everything looks great!  I would maybe put your wedding website on an enclosure card though.  If your unsure or uncomfortable about the S have you tried both of your first initials? 
    someecards.com - Sorry the America you fought for became a place that created a Justin Bieber movie
  • I think it looks good! Agreed about the enclosure card as a possibility for the website. Also, I like the idea of your first initials...I'm not really clear on the rules of that though, FI and I have the same initial already...
    Anniversary
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Cocktail:White Russian
    Photobucket
  • I think they are beautiful and worded well.  If you are planning to have an enclosure for the registry or other details such as hotel, map, etc, this might be a good place for the website as PP said.  The whole initial thing, we are having the same type of debate on our rubber stamp that we will purchase and use for the invites return addressing.  I want it to be usable before and after but that means his initial...
    My Flower Girl (my niece) and I at my Shower:
    IMG_0141
  • I agree with moving the wedding website to a different card- reception, directions, whatever.  Also, a suggestion for your "S" might be to enlarge it! I think it looks great there, but if you're going to make it a focal point, make it larger so it takes up more white space.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jcg98jcg98
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    In Response to Re: AW: My DIY Invite - PIP - need advice:
    I agree with moving the wedding website to a different card- reception, directions, whatever.  Also, a suggestion for your "S" might be to enlarge it! I think it looks great there, but if you're going to make it a focal point, make it larger so it takes up more white space.
    Posted by mmontroni
    Agreed on both counts.  Love the S!  It's not wrong to use your new initial. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• I really like the first initials suggestion!  Here's my revised version. Give me more thoughts!  Thanks so much, ladies!

image image image image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Also, do you think this invite evokes the feeling of an elegant evening wedding?  I.e. if you received this invite in the mail, what would you wear to the wedding?
    image image image image

My Blog

Anniversary

• I am in no way shape or form the etiquette queen. HOWEVER.. It's considered "bad" etiquette to use your last initial until AFTER you're married.
    I am saying the hell with it and using ours on our invites on our belly bands. I think... I keep going back and forth. idk
  • They look great. Etiquette says your not suppose to use your married initial on anything pre-wedding. I also agree to put the extra info on additional inserts. If I got this invite in the mail I would think think it would be a formal event and I would dress the part.
  • I love it. I would say screw ettiquitte... and use the S. I would dress formal too. Very nice!
    December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket
  • I really like the first initials!! I agree with pp on another card for website. If you do use the "S" I would enlarge it. And I would think this wedding would be semi-formal and dress the part.
    November 2011 Siggy - My Love and I

PhotobucketPhotobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Our wedding date is November 18th, 2011

451 invited 314 Are ready to party! 61 can't make it 77 is MIA
    RSVP Date October 31st, 2011

• OK.  I think I'll use the second one and maybe put the website on the RSVP cards or maybe just spread it through word of mouth.  Thanks ladies!
    image image image image

My Blog

Anniversary

• jcg98jcg98
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper

I agree, love the initials! And the style definitely says "formal wedding" to me.  :)

• Lizzy42Lizzy42
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    I like it better with your separate initials, regardless of etiquette! It looks like your wedding will be fancy!

• It's very elegant....I like the first initials better too.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards