• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
November 2011 Weddings

Temperature Check!

Hello there, beautiful ladies!

I was thinking we should give an update on how we're all doing. I know some of us have been engaged for a while and are likely to have a few more "checks" than the newly engaged November 2011 brides, but I thought it'd be nice to check in!

So, I figure we can do an update like we've done before and just let everyone know what you've accomplished so far and what you're working on next! I'll go first:

Checks:

Reception Site: Bently Reserve, San Francisco, CA

Ceremony Site: Sts. Peter and Paul, San Francisco, CA

Photographer:  The Marin Studio, Novato, CA

Save The Dates: The Aerialist Press, Emeryville, CA--should be getting them in the next couple weeks, woohoo! I'll definitely post a pic when I have them in hand.

Invitations: Creative Designs By Mimi, Concord, CA--currently being designed

Calligrapher: NJW Calligraphy, Etsy!!!--I seem to find the best deals on etsy.com, If you haven't already, I highly reccomend checking them out.

Dress: Oleg Cassini, David's Bridal--was totally not expecting to find my dress so early and was just going to see what style looked best on me...and fell in love, hehe.

Welcome Bags: www.favorsyoukeep.com --I bought some cool, personalized welcome bags with the San Francisco skyline for our OOT guests, now I just need to fill them.

Current Project:

ADDRESS COLLECTING...who would've thought how tedious this is. I figured my mom would have most of the addresses, but in the day of e-mail and facebook...it turns out she doesn't :(

Next Up:

DJ/Lighting: I think I found who I am going to go with, just need to see them in action before putting down the deposit.

Caterer: Have been in talks with a caterer, but still unsure of who were going with!

Talk to you all soon, looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on ;)

Photobucket
*November 2011 Club Board Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration*
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Wedding Blog

Re: Temperature Check!

• HaylaCHaylaC member
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments
    edited September 2010

ive got:

Venue (ceremony + reception)- Chevin country park hotel, Otley

Registrar- registrar has been booked since feb

Photographer- Quintessential Studios

Save the Dates- we designed and had printed via vista print

Rings- gladstone Jewellers

Venue Stylist- Ambience venue styling, leeds

Hair piece-not having a veil, but i bought a gorgeous couture hair comb from a wedding fayre on saturday

centrepiece lanterns- have got some wicker lanterns to be part of my centrepieces

wood piece for signing-im having people sign a piece of wood with our initials and date of wedding carved into it, so i can display it after the wedding.  i got it from etsy.

next big check will be

Dress- am going shopping on 9th october for my dress

stuff im working on

Florist- saw an amazing florist at a weding fayre on saturday and will book an appointmetn soon

Band + DJ- we have someone in mind, hopefully can meet to discuss things further

Grooms attire- think we know where we're going to get it from so will book an appt soon

Cake-H2B works with a woman who does cakes, so we're discussing things with her right now

Invites- we're designing our own i think so im just gathering ideas at the moment

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Honeymoon Sunset

Anniversary

• Omg you are so far ahead of the game!! I LOVE IT. Hmmm... let's see..Most of my vendor deposits were paid 2 yrs ago - wedding was cancelled :-(, but we are back on...sooo ALL of my vendors are honoring my deposits! Now with the invites, they would have to reprint the cards and rsvps, but I have the jackets. Here are my checks and to dos:

CHECKS:
    Videog
    Officiant
    DJ
    Linen/Chairs/Chargers
    Invitations
    Florists

TO DO:

STDs

Photog

Reception/Ceremony Venue
    DOC
    OOTG Bags/Boxes
    MY DRESS
    ENTOURAGE DRESSES :-)
    .....LOTS OF STUFF & SOME DIY

HAPPY PLANNINGKiss

100 Invited image image 68 Are coming to party! image 24 Are party poopers! image 8 slackers! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow! I feel behind! Ill catch up in December when I am home for good!!  But for now we have:

Reception/Ceremony site : Crystal Ballroom, Freehold
    Officiant: April Beer
    Photographer: Susie Sefcik

Met with a couple bands, listening to a couple more and hopefuly that will be a check real soon!
    When Im home we will do Florist, STDs, Invitations, Dresses
    Keep up the good work!

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GOT

Florist:  My future MIL!  FOR FREE!

Caterer:  My future MIL!  AT COST!  What a discount!

Rentals (tablecloths, candleabras, cake stand, etc.):  My future MIL!  FOR FREE!

Invitations, Programs, etc.:  Zazzle.com for SUPER CHEAP!  I'm a graphic/web designer, so it seemed kinda stupid to hire someone else to design or calligraphize our stationery when that's kinda what I do.

Rings:  Bought at Gordon's Jewelers ON CLEARANCE!

Honeymoon:  BOOKED!  7 days, 6 nights in a Preferred King Room at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort at Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL.  I have been to Disney like 9 or 10 times and FI has been 3 or 4, but we still love it and we are going back!  The good thing about being a Disney veteran is that I know all the tips and tricks.  And I have a Disney Rewards credit card from Chase, so I'll (hopefully) be treated like royalty, lol.  We are going to do a little of everything, and it will be the first time either of us have experienced the Christmas celebrations down there, so it will be something special.

WORKING ON

Dress:
      I have a very specific style of dress that I am looking for, and I am a very specific size (10 bust - 14 waist -10 hips Petite), so I am not ready just yet to go looking.  I have resigned myself to the fact that I am either going to spend a fortune on a custom dress or a small amount on a David's Bridal dress and then a  small fortune on alterations.  There is one at DB that I LOVE but it only comes in Plus sizes (smallest being 14W).  So that MIGHT fit in the waist, but it would be waaaaay too big everywhere else.  Bottom line, I'm looking for seamstresses before I look for a dress.

Venue:  The ceremony will be in our church, but I'm working on the reception site.  I'll probably cave in and have it at the same place.  In fact, our sanctuary is huge (it's like twice the size of a gym and has a totally changeable setup), so my future MIL has actually done weddings there where the ceremony and reception were both in the same ROOM.  So I'm looking into that.

Band/DJ:  We are totally undecided on this point.

Officiant:  Just need to talk to our pastor!

Groom's Attire:  He knows exactly what he wants and I agree, so it's just a matter of taking him for the fittings.

Cake:  I have a couple of ideas, including DIYing it, but FI's family is friends with a local baker who is famous for her wedding cakes, so we might get a discount.

Photographer:  Another of FI's family friends is a professional photog and has offered her services for free, so I need to talk to her about booking/what (if anything) to pay her.

Favors:  Something DIY, just haven't decided what they'll be yet.
    image image image image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Wow, I suck.  I only have venue and photographer book.

Venue -- Publick House, Sturbridge MA

Photographer -- Pixel Perfect Weddings

Shame, shame, shame on me.  Smile

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm right there with you HelloKatie....

Reception Venue- Oak Terrace Resort, Pana, IL
    Ceremony Venue- the church I grew up in
    Photographer- we went and met with one and we were not very impressed, can't decide who to talk to next or find the time.
    DJ- I contacted someone and we have been playing phone tag for 2 weeks.
    Invitations- I ordered a few samples yesterday.
    Dress- I'm not planning on going shopping until the begining of December.

Luckily I feel like I still have plenty of time!  I'm hoping for things to get better at the beginning of December.  We just have a lot going on right now.  I'm studying for the CPA exam, my fiance is selling his house,  we are on two bowling leagues and we are taking a ballroom dancing class.  I guess you could say I like to be busy!
    November 2011 Board
    Siggy Challenge: Favorite Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I almost forgot!  I also have two registries finished and my mom (who was a licensed cosmetologist before becoming a nurse) will more than likely be doing my hair and make-up.
    image image image image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Checks:
    • Colors: decided - orange and blue
    • Ceremony/Reception sites: deposit made, date set
    • DJ: booked, and deposit down
    • Florist: making some revisions
    • My Dress: paid for and ordered
    • Wedding party: selected and asked
    • Caterer: Menu selected, still need to taste and make deposit
    • Rings: purchased
    • My Jewelry: Purchased
    • Cake: deposit made, flavors, style and colors picked
    • Groom's Attire: deposit made at Men's Warehouse

Working on:

• Picking invitations
    • Going shopping with bridesmaids for dresses
    • Photographer 
    • Videographer
    • Finding a veil 

November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • sessions, you know a lot of useful people!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Honeymoon Sunset

Anniversary

• Hayla, you have no idea, lol.  It's been a life saver!  I've had people tell me I'm getting a $10,000 wedding for $4,000 because of all the connections I've made!  Accidental connections!  Lol.

Oh and P.S. my mom works with TWO women who are seamstresses, one of whom altered my senior prom dress for free, and told me to talk to them about altering my wedding dress.

ONE MORE CHECK!  Haha.
    image image image image

My Blog

Anniversary

• I guess I'm very far behind, oops.

I have

Venue - Sky Meadow Country Club (reception and ceremony)
    Dress - paid for and already in my hands :) it came in in only 3 months!
    Invitations - designed, making them myself just waiting to order the supplies

Working on
    Photographer - planning on meeting with a few in october/november

Luckily, November is an off season month in New Hampshire so I think I have plenty of time left to look.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm just a few weeks from the big day, so it almost seems silly to list everything we have done!

Working on:
    Ceremony programs
    My jewelry
    Gifts for bridesmaids/parents/etc.
    Seating chart and placecards
    Last minute details!
  • WOW I'm behind apparently?  Although I just got my ring on Thursday so I have a good excuse.
    Here's what I have done:
    - borrowed my sister's headpiece
    - set the date 11/11/11
    - picked out the groom! :)

And what I haven't done:
    - everything!
  • Hello ladies! 
    Here are my checks:

Engagement Photographer
    Save The Dates
    Venue (package includes a lot like the Ceremony Location, cake, linens, chairs)
    Selected Invitations
    Wedding Party
    Selected the Bridesmaid Dresses
    Photographer
    Videographer
    DJ
    Dress
    Headpiece
    Veil
    My Wedding Band (Fiance chose when he designed my Engagement Ring)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Wow you guys are ahead of the game!! Here's what I have so far:

ive completed:

Reception Venue- The Westin San Diego Hotel
    Engagement Photos-Done in May
    Dress-Ordered in Aug, will be here in Dec
    Chosen Bridesmaids

To do:
    Everything else!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board