Honeymoon Discussions
Options

At a loss...

My fiance and I are not ready to leave our toddler son for any amount of time yet so we have decided, and are thrilled, to take him with us on our  honeymoon! He is the center of our lives and we want him to have just as big a part in everything as us. The problem is we are at a loss as to where to go so he will have a blast too(seeing as a romantic cruise is out). He will be almost  2 at the time. Any suggestions? TIA!! =)

Re: At a loss...

• Options
    I would probably say something family friendly like Disney or something. An all inclusive is out for you bc you have to be 18 or 21 at all the ones I have seen.

I would recommend doing some research online according to what your interests are (beach, cabin/outdoors, etc) and also go talk to a travel agent for recommendations and advice as well. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    What about somewhere family friendly like Oahu? Hawai'i is chockablock with tourist families as well as honeymooners. It could be a great combination for all of you. Zoos, aquariums, beach activities.

Edit: FWIW, I had my first trip to Europe with my parents when I was 5 and my brother 2½.... so don't close off those options!
  • Options
    Disney offers a number of cruise options and from what I've heard, there is fun for both kids AND adults.
  • Options
    Jersey Shore!!! in Cape May! So beautiful and relaxing....     http://www.queenvictoria.com/

or Hershey Park in Hershey PA is great and surrounding it is the Amish country... very romantic.  http://www.thehotelhershey.com/index.php great hotel!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Those are all excellent ideas =) We are going to definitely look into all of  them!
  • Options
    Mexico has AI resorts that are family friendly...Try the Dreams Resorts...
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Beaches in Turks and Caicos...I haven't been (i've been to it's sister resort, sandals in st. lucia ) but from what I've seen, it's beautiful and they have things for both kids and adults.. it can be quite romantic from what I've heard.  

If you are into cruising, why not a disney cruise? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! My fiance and  I get nervous with a cruise lol. I know its kind of stupid but we are apprehensive with the idea of being on a ship in the middle of the ocean. I guess I should have never watched Titanic, huh?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards