Nebraska
Options

Gifts

My fiance and I have been married before and don't need to do a wedding registry for items for our home.  A friend of mine told me she went to a wedding where the couple didn't want gifts, but gave guests the contact information for their travel agent and said that they could give money to their honeymoon if they'd like.  After the honeymoon, they send out a thank you card with a picture of them on their honeymoon and a nice hand written note on the back.  I think this would be great, but is it tacky?

Re: Gifts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The general consensus on TK would be, yes, tacky. We lived together for 3 years before getting married, so we didn't need a ton, either. We put stuff on our registries like, new kitchen stuff, new bathroom stuff, a few camping items, things like that. We got some, and received lots of gift cards and money, which we put towards our house, including landscaping. We bought some really nice things that we hadn't thought of, too...like a new patio set and fire pit. 
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are honeymoon websites that you can set up to do this that doesn't seem so tacky. Friends of mine are using honeyfund.com. It lets you set it up so people can donate money to specific activities people can put money towards. You can set it up however you like though, might be worth checking out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards