Nebraska

refund of the deposit

Dear new brides,

we have been dealing with difficult venue staffs and I we have been very low maintenance. They are a big venue in Omaha and I can't get them to answer my email about when the deposit is supposed to be refunded. It is not in the contract (and they always refer to the contract for everything but this topic one is nowhere to be found). Assuming that there was no damage or else, when should we expect the deposit to be refunded and what do you girls recommend if they continue to ignore my email from a week ago (we have been married 12 days now). 
Thanks
Nadia

Re: refund of the deposit

• I would think 3-4 weeks and you should have your deposit.  If you haven't heard from them after the one month timeline I would try to contact them again.  Hope that helps :)
  • edited May 2012
    thanks!!!
  • cerissacerissa member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Was your deposit applied to your final balance or just a refundable damage deposit?
  • No it was not apply to our final balance, it was a refundable damage deposit. I still have not heard back and it has been almost a month now

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska_refund-of-the-deposit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:654Discussion:1ceae156-db51-42c0-af63-86429c8fdde9Post:42c62228-8fb5-440a-a364-f7b3f4ec15e5">Re: refund of the deposit</a>:
    [QUOTE]Was your deposit applied to your final balance or just a refundable damage deposit?
    Posted by cerissa[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards