Nebraska

I'm New Here!

Hey just got engaged this weekend, planning my wedding for August 2013, any advice you ladies have would be appreciated. Especially since I am a bride on a budget!

Re: I'm New Here!

• First of all, Congratulations on your new engagement! That is super exciting!! I am also a bride on a budget and I am planning my wedding for September or October of 2014. Long ways away I know, but I live out of state planning a NE wedding and there is just so much to do!

However, the little bit I have done so far has been to try to find a hall that allows your own catering and alcohol (saves so much money!). There are a few locations that would work if you are having a small (100-150) people wedding, but there are very few choices in regards to a big wedding. The Fireman's Hall on 60th and Grover allows your own catering, but you have to buy their alcohol. It is a little expensive, but we were only planning to get a couple of kegs and buy unlimited soda and mixed drinks would be everyone's own responsibility. One keg is $250 and unlimited soda is $300. The cost of the hall to rent is $1000 for 6 hours, and if you do it on Friday I believe it is only $600. It is also conveniently located by hotels for any out of town guests and there is ample parking!

Another option I found is St. John Vianney Social Hall in Millard. You can bring in your own alcohol and food there and it is $1250 to rent it. The only thing is that if you have it on a Saturday you cannot start until 6:30 after church gets out, and everyone has to be out by 11:30.

You can see pictures of both venues online and they are both very nice places! I have also found a lot of good tips on photographers on here, and many people have also told me to get a kit and do my own invitations because it saves a lot of money that way as well. I hope this information helps a bit, and good luck in your planning!!!

• Sign up for coupons from JoAnnes, Michaels and Hobby Lobby.  You get coupons 40-50% off a single item.  You can get a few in one mailer, I got my invites and thank you cards for under $100.  Also if you are doing your own flowers I am ordering from afloral.com.  They are way cheaper than Hobby Lobby online (Hobby Lobby was $350 for what I wanted, afloral was $175), and look good (at least mine do).  Just a couple of things I have found along the line.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska_im-new-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:654Discussion:1fd6ded8-7ab1-4d38-a52a-734682d9d6cePost:e03d95dd-9b59-4269-aefd-2af06f5cd6b5">I'm New Here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey just got engaged this weekend, planning my wedding for August 2013, any advice you ladies have would be appreciated. Especially since I am a bride on a budget!
    Posted by savynabs[/QUOTE]
    My name is Stephanie ... There is a Reception Hall that is located approximately 1/2 way between Omaha and Lincoln, just a minute or two off the interstate.   Our Reception Hall seats 450 Banquet-Style or 1000 Theatre-Style. We have a full bar right inside the Hall for your guests. You can make it a cash bar, or WHATEVER you prefer (You will not be able to provide your own alcohol... it would be sold from our bar directly to your guests (or a tab would be run for you if you prefer an open bar scenario) . For an extremely reasonable rental fee of only $800, we provide the banquet tables, chairs, linens (your choice of black or white), soft drinks (including soda, lemonade, iced tea, coffee) , and 2 bartenders (our bartenders work for tips) for the night. We will set up the tables and chairs to your specifications AND we will do the clean-up at the end of the night. You could choose whoever you like to cater the event (your caterer would need to provide the hall with a 20% gratuity ... based on their bill to you). I realize this is very INFORMAL and limited information, but if you would like to learn more (or you would like to see our facility) , you can contact me on my cell phone @ (402) 617-4316. We do not "waive" the "caterer's gratuity" to the hall, but we are happy to talk with you about the specifics of your situation. I would love to visit with you soon. Thank You
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska_im-new-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:654Discussion:1fd6ded8-7ab1-4d38-a52a-734682d9d6cePost:5368243c-8999-4e21-b995-253491131ac5">Re: I'm New Here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]First of all, Congratulations on your new engagement! That is super exciting!! I am also a bride on a budget and I am planning my wedding for September or October of 2014. Long ways away I know, but I live out of state planning a NE wedding and there is just so much to do! However, the little bit I have done so far has been to try to find a hall that allows your own catering and alcohol (saves so much money!). There are a few locations that would work if you are having a small (100-150) people wedding, but there are very few choices in regards to a big wedding. The Fireman's Hall on 60th and Grover allows your own catering, but you have to buy their alcohol. It is a little expensive, but we were only planning to get a couple of kegs and buy unlimited soda and mixed drinks would be everyone's own responsibility. One keg is $250 and unlimited soda is $300. The cost of the hall to rent is $1000 for 6 hours, and if you do it on Friday I believe it is only $600. It is also conveniently located by hotels for any out of town guests and there is ample parking! Another option I found is St. John Vianney Social Hall in Millard. You can bring in your own alcohol and food there and it is $1250 to rent it. The only thing is that if you have it on a Saturday you cannot start until 6:30 after church gets out, and everyone has to be out by 11:30. You can see pictures of both venues online and they are both very nice places! I have also found a lot of good tips on photographers on here, and many people have also told me to get a kit and do my own invitations because it saves a lot of money that way as well. I hope this information helps a bit, and good luck in your planning!!!
    Posted by melanie2014[/QUOTE]
    My name is Stephanie ... There is a Reception Hall that is located approximately 1/2 way between Omaha and Lincoln, just a minute or two off the interstate. Our Reception Hall seats 450 Banquet-Style or 1000 Theatre-Style. We have a full bar right inside the Hall for your guests. You can make it a cash bar, or WHATEVER you prefer (You will not be able to provide your own alcohol... it would be sold from our bar directly to your guests (or a tab would be run for you if you prefer an open bar scenario) . For an extremely reasonable rental fee of only $800, we provide the banquet tables, chairs, linens (your choice of black or white), soft drinks (including soda, lemonade, iced tea, coffee) , and 2 bartenders (our bartenders work for tips) for the night. We will set up the tables and chairs to your specifications AND we will do the clean-up at the end of the night. You could choose whoever you like to cater the event (your caterer would need to provide the hall with a 20% gratuity ... based on their bill to you). I realize this is very INFORMAL and limited information, but if you would like to learn more (or you would like to see our facility) , you can contact me on my cell phone @ (402) 617-4316. We do not "waive" the "caterer's gratuity" to the hall, but we are happy to talk with you about the specifics of your situation. I would love to visit with you soon. Thank You
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards