Nebraska

Reception Site Ideas!! :)

I'm in the very beginning stages of wedding planning and want to nail down my reception venue very soon to guarantee we get our date in late April 2013.
Just hoping to get some reasonable/affordable venue ideas. We haven't started calling around, but I'm hoping for some place that has some charm of it's own. I'm not interested in any "community center" looking places with flourescent lights, low ceilings, and unattractive carpets. We're also interested in maybe some places that allow for the ceremony as well. We're from Bellevue, but interested in the Omaha area as well.
Any input is appreciated!!

Also, anyone had a wedding at A View in Fontenelle Hills or West? I'm interested in pricing.

Thanks!

Re: Reception Site Ideas!! :)

• Based off of the things you won't consider you probably won't find too much that is affordable. Maybe Soaring Wings or Slattery Vintage Estate. Maybe Josyln Castle if you buy the Neofill discount certificate. Liberty Social Hall on 370 is nice as is Rose Court over by Oak View. When you say "affordable" what exactly do you mean?

• Elmwood park is always pretty.

Scottlyn Yards in Blair is a newer venue and fun, here is a slideshow:

I have always loved a View at Fontenelle, awesome bridal suite, slideshow:

Ackerhurst barn in Bennington is well priced:

Regency Tennis Club is affordable as well:

Good Luck!
  • We are using The Aspen Room.  Ceremony will be on the patio and reception inside.  Lots of charm - I love it. and VERY reasonable.
  • We are having our ceremony and reception at 1316 Jones...no separate charge for having the ceremony on site either. It is very affordable and the guy we are working with is great! How many people are you considering inviting? That made a huge difference for us when we were considering venues!
  • Thanks for the ideas!

We're expecting around 200.
  • I am also from Bellevue and heard horrible reviews about A View!  It looks pretty and nice, but I've heard once you sign a contract they are awful to work with.  I have heard great things about Fontenelle Hills...and that it's super pretty if you want something outdoors.  I am doing a winter wedding and I emailed about everywhere in Omaha.  My budget is to stay under $9,000 for everything.  I emailed the Hilton not thinking it would be in my price range and they have given us the best deal.  Free rental which includes linens, security, bride/groom room, parking, bartenders, mirrors/votive candles and wedding planner.  We just have to meet the $6,000 minimum on food and drinks (food $16 plate).  The planner at the Hilton downtown is Gina....tell her I sent you if interested!
    Carli
  • Check out Anthony's on 72 and F. They have recently remodeled a ballroom that's very nice and accommodates more than what you are looking for plus they have a patio with a place for the ceremony or just to use for the reception as additional space or cocktail hour. Becky is great to work with. I would suggest trying to check it out when it's set up for a wedding you'll be amazed what's there!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska_reception-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:654Discussion:22057174-c63b-403d-9c80-251d261121a9Post:bdee3a30-043a-4acb-981e-324d9337502b">Reception Site Ideas!! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in the very beginning stages of wedding planning and want to nail down my reception venue very soon to guarantee we get our date in late April 2013. Just hoping to get some reasonable/affordable venue ideas. We haven't started calling around, but I'm hoping for some place that has some charm of it's own. I'm not interested in any "community center" looking places with flourescent lights, low ceilings, and unattractive carpets. We're also interested in maybe some places that allow for the ceremony as well. We're from Bellevue, but interested in the Omaha area as well. Any input is appreciated!! Also, anyone had a wedding at A View in Fontenelle Hills or West? I'm interested in pricing. Thanks!
    Posted by alan&krysti[/QUOTE]
    My name is Stephanie ... There is a Reception Hall that is located approximately 1/2 way between Omaha and Lincoln, just a minute or two off the interstate.  Our Reception Hall seats 450 Banquet-Style or 1000 Theatre-Style. We have a full bar right inside the Hall for your guests. You can make it a cash bar, or WHATEVER you prefer (You will not be able to provide your own alcohol... it would be sold from our bar directly to your guests (or a tab would be run for you if you prefer an open bar scenario) . For an extremely reasonable rental fee of only $800, we provide the banquet tables, chairs, linens (your choice of black or white), soft drinks (including soda, lemonade, iced tea, coffee) , and 2 bartenders (our bartenders work for tips) for the night. We will set up the tables and chairs to your specifications AND we will do the clean-up at the end of the night. You could choose whoever you like to cater the event (your caterer would need to provide the hall with a 20% gratuity ... based on their bill to you). I realize this is very INFORMAL and limited information, but if you would like to learn more (or you would like to see our facility) , you can contact me on my cell phone @ (402) 617-4316. We do not "waive" the "caterer's gratuity" to the hall, but we are happy to talk with you about the specifics of your situation. I would love to visit with you soon. Thank You
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards