Nebraska
Options

Please help me find a church

Hello ladies!  I have not posted on the knot for quite some time but now I am trying to help my twin sister plan her wedding.  She is having difficulties finding a church.  We are Presbyterian and the churches she has contacted require membership.  She and her fiance would consider joining a church but they are moving to North Carolina right after the wedding.  Do any of you have any suggestions?  The church I got married at now requires membership but it didn't two years ago,  Thank you very much for your help!

Re: Please help me find a church

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When is her wedding?  My fiance and I are getting married at Chamber's Chapel at Boystown, as our church doesn't have a building but we really wanted to be married in a church.  Pastor Fluellen at the church was very willing to work with us, even though we don't attend that church.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are getting married in the Omaha Memorial Seventh-Day Adventist Church by 72nd and Dodge. They are happy to work with non-members. It is pretty conservative in some areas, i.e. they don't allow a ring ceremony, but we are going to do something at the reception. Anyway, if this is something you're interested in let me know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    King of Kings Lutheran Church doesn't require membership either. It isn't the prettiest looking though, but will hold A LOT of people if you have a big wedding.
  • Options
    kerrykorthkerrykorth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning my wedding out of state in Omaha and my aunt informed me of a Presybterian church located on Woolworth Ave and 34th. They have a great website with pics and all the wedding requirements listed.  Look it up on line @ westminsteromaha.org
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards