Nebraska
Options

Reception Site Help?

I am having a very difficult time finding a reception site for my wedding in August of next year.  Ballrooms really aren't my fiance or I's style.  Plus we want to stay on budget.  I want a unique place that will hold about 100-150 people.  Currently the only thing I've found is the Elmwood park pavillion.  The price is right.  There is some great architecture, but I'm worried that it won't be big enough for dinner and a dance. 

I looked into the Ackhurst Barn and Scottland Yards.  Both are perfect locations but they are closing after this year. 

Can anyone else think of any other unique Omaha reception sites?  It doesn't have to be in Omaha just nearby.  We want to bring in our own catering as well.  The main thing is we want to keep the price low.  

Thank you.  

Re: Reception Site Help?

• Options
    We are using the VFW on miltary road.  They are super affordable, its a VFW so not to Fancy, but the people there are awesome and they have a cater that is cheap and easy to work with.  Also look into the Garden Cafe for catering, they also had great food at a cheap price.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska_reception-site-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:654Discussion:484b51b7-a262-46bd-adc3-e392b104267fPost:6dbd84f6-7303-4f3b-9325-0e84ffd36ffe">Reception Site Help?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having a very difficult time finding a reception site for my wedding in August of next year.  Ballrooms really aren't my fiance or I's style.  Plus we want to stay on budget.  I want a unique place that will hold about 100-150 people.  Currently the only thing I've found is the Elmwood park pavillion.  The price is right.  There is some great architecture, but I'm worried that it won't be big enough for dinner and a dance.  I looked into the Ackhurst Barn and Scottland Yards.  Both are perfect locations but they are closing after this year.  Can anyone else think of any other unique Omaha reception sites?  It doesn't have to be in Omaha just nearby.  We want to bring in our own catering as well.  The main thing is we want to keep the price low.   Thank you.  
    Posted by mefreckles[/QUOTE]

My name is Stephanie ...  I represent a GEM that you might not even know about. We are just 15 minutes from Omaha , just a minute or two off the interstate. Our Reception Hall seats 450 Banquet Style. We have a full bar right inside the Hall for your guests. You can make it a cash bar, or WHATEVER you prefer (You will not be able to provide your own alcohol... it would be sold from our bar to your guests (or a tab would be run for you if you prefer an open bar scenario) . For an extremely reasonable rental fee of only $800, we provide the banquet tables, chairs, linens (your choice of black or white), soft drinks (including soda, lemonade, iced tea, coffee) , and 2 bartenders (our bartenders work for tips) for the night. We will set up the tables and chairs to your specifications AND we will do the clean-up at the end of the night. You can bring in your own caterer (your caterer <strong>MAY</strong> need to provide us with a gratuity, based on their bill to you) or we have a couple of GREAT caterers that would LOVE to provide you with a quote. The decorating would be your responsibility. I realize this is very INFORMAL and limited information, but if you would like to learn more (or you would like to see our facility) , you can email me @ <a href="mailto:svoichahoske@hotmail.com" rel="nofollow">svoichahoske@hotmail.com</a>  or you can contact me on my cell phone @ (402) 617-4316. Also, if you have friends or family planning a wedding in the Omaha/Lincoln area, we do offer a $100 gift card referral bonus if they book with us and let us know that you referred them. Thank You and we wish you Marital Bliss
  • Options
    I would suggest Knights of Columbus in Bellevue, NE. It fits the size that you need and is very affordable! There isn't much information/pictures to be found on the internet, so I would suggest going in there to take a look for yourself. I promise you won't be disappointed and it is worth the drive! The inside has a very rustic/barn feel to it. If interestd give Mike a call at 402-291-6877. Good luck with the wedding planning!
  • Options
    Check out The Lofte theather in Manley Nebraska, about 20-25 minutes out of Omaha. It has a really nice setup and is really affordable. Here is a picture:

http://www.lofte.com/index.html

Otherwise CHEAP option is the event center owned by St. Peters in Council Bluffs. It can hold up to 300 and is only $400 to rent ( includes all chairs and tables and has a dance floor) and allows you to bring in your own food and alcohol. Is you have alcohol you do also need to have to hire security.

Also the HUGE party area at Round the Bend Steakhouse is under $500 to rent and as long as you have over 125 people you can bring in your own food. It is about a 10 minute drive away from the Lofte as well.

• Options
    Soaring Wings Vineyard is a really pretty recception location. I had a party their once and did wine tastings and it was gorgeous. They let u bring in your own catering too. It's like 15 min from Omaha, if that.
  • Options
    Check out www.willowcreekglasschapel.com They now have a hall that resembles a barn and is only a half hour drive from downtown Omaha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards