Nebraska
Options

Where is everyone?

This Nebraska board is so quiet! Where are the Nebraska brides? I need new posts daily to pass my time :)

Re: Where is everyone?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know, this board is really quiet!  I found I spent more time on my wedding month board than here!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree.  I think I have a harded time on this one bcs I am in Grand Island and most everyone seems to be in Omaha. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Seattle, if that makes you feel better.  My wedding will be in Omaha though. I figured this board would pick up around Spring, but maybe all the May and June brides are in full freak out mode. 

Has everyone picked their wedding site?  Anything still stressing you out?  I'm just ready to be married already!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Lincoln but I think there is a different message board just for Omaha. Maybe that's why it seems so quiet.

We are having the ceremony and rehearsal at the Rococo Theatre. Not too stressed yet (except budget/money of course) but we have a TON still to do. hehe.

What about you guys?!?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding isnt until next September so I am not overly stressed at the moment. We  have our church, venue, DJ and invites already purchased. I am finding that a good and inexpensive florist is proving to be the hardest part! I think we are going to go with 40 Nights Photography so that is out of the way too. Catering still needs to be figured out and then the fun dress shopping will be the last/fun important thing that needs to be done.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a lawyer, so we are getting married in the rotunda at the courthouse in Grand Island and then the reception will be at the Riverside Park Dance pavilion in Central City.  My wedding is 30 days from today:) so I am a little stressed out. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @JenaW - we are using 40 Nights Photography as well! We LOVE Nathan and his work....amazing. We had our engagement pics last month and they turned out so wonderful!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @sara, I thought there was a separate board for Omaha too, but both the general one and the Omaha one take me to the same spot.  I've heard really good things about 40 Nights Photography.  I was looking at them, but I'm on a super budget.  I'm pretty happy with my gal though.

Slightly off topic, how do you gals get all the fancy photos and tickers?  I keep trying and looking at the FAQ but nothing every seems to stick.  I've made about 4 tickers, but I don't know where they go. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska_everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:654Discussion:4d688170-b6a6-4b14-bede-689a17bd8b15Post:27181e76-dd25-4787-b051-9812c07104c6">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding isnt until next September so I am not overly stressed at the moment. We  have our church, venue, DJ and invites already purchased. I am finding that a <strong>good and inexpensive florist </strong>is proving to be the hardest part! I think we are going to go with 40 Nights Photography so that is out of the way too. Catering still needs to be figured out and then the fun dress shopping will be the last/fun important thing that needs to be done.
    Posted by JenaW19[/QUOTE]

Check out Fleur De Lis Concepts located in Eagle, NE. She is super sweet, talented, and is very cheap! She is doing all of my flowers for under $350!

Hope that helps! =]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Chastity you always give the best tips! I will definitely check her out! Is she bring the flowers to you or are you picking them up and storing them overnight?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sooo...I basically found the ELUSIVE omaha wedding board!

http://omaha.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha

oh yeah baby!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Chastity I'm using Fleur de Lis, too!! She's wonderful and such good prices!!! I've really lucked out with vendors so far.....I'm just so happy with all of them. (well, jury is still out on the venue and DJ hehe) If anyone needs ideas, let me know....we've just had great experiences with almost everything.

nra2183 you can get the ticker from your knot homepage. you can upload a profile pic, too. or you can attach a picture to individual board messages, too. I hope that makes sense!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Fleur De Lis too. :) She's delivering all of my flowers. She's been so easy to work with!!!

I'm a Lincoln bride. Getting married at the Columns at Pioneers Park July 3rd. Reception in Waverly - big block party type reception. I just got my invites out, so I'm way less stressed than I was. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards