Nebraska
Options

Lincoln - wedding pictures downtown in November

Does anyone have any suggestions on where a good indoor place might be to have some wedding pictures taken in early November?  We were going to do the capitol, but they close at 5:00 and we won't be ready to do pictures until around 5:00 (we aren't seeing each other until the ceremony so have to do pictures afterwards.  Also we are doing both ceremony and reception at the Apothecary so need to stay in the downtown area)  So now I'm trying to figure out where a good place might be.  Our photographer is doing some thinking as well but figured I'd reach out on here.
Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lincoln - wedding pictures downtown in November

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm...as far as large places go...I'm not sure what time the Sheldon Art Gallery closes, and I'm pretty sure you'd have to ask in advance anyways, but that is a really neat place inside.  I've also seen some neat photos done in smaller private galleries downtown, and you'd still have that industrial-brick look.  I bet you could find a way to use the train station too. Good luck!
    wedding & portrait photographer in lincoln, nebraska ~ emphasizing genuine emotion & spontaneous expression ~ http://www.nikkimoorephotography.com ~ 402-882-1066
  • Options
    kay_marie00kay_marie00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had some pictures taken at the Grand Manse both inside and outside that turned out amazing. It's an old federal building that has all the original woodwork and has a really pretty staircase. Not sure if it closes or not because there are apartments in the upper levels.
    HTH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh thank you for the ideas.... I know that the Grand Manse holds wedding receptions so definitely worth checking into for pictures.  Same with the train station.  I'm hoping we have another mild November like last year in which case would be able to do some outdoor pictures down at the train station, but figured I better have a back up plan because you never know here in Nebraska!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about the lobby of the Cornhusker Marriott? They have that wonderful spiral staircase.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards