Nebraska

Ceromony Site?

I am currently looking for a place to be married. I would like to be married in a church however, I am having a hard time finding a church that will marry to non-members. I do not want to be married in a catholic church. Any Ideas!!!

Re: Ceromony Site?

• edited December 2011
    What is your wedding date?  My fiance and I are getting married at the Boystown Protestant Church (Chambers Chapel) since our church doesn't technically have a building.
    Contact Pastor Fluellen and see if your date is open :) it's a beautiful church!
  • RokkanenRokkanen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My church, Thanksgiving Lutheran in Bellevue, charges more for a non-member but totally allows it.  They have 2 different sites, a huge gym-like room that seats like 500 and then a smaller sanctuary that seats maybe 200 ish.  The pastors are the greatest and they give you 2 wedding coordinators for free ;)
  • bspiegelbspiegel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ran into the same problem!!  We finally found St. Mark's Lutheran Church that is willing to marry non-members.  I am not for sure if one of you has to be a Lutheran or not, I am so I can't remember what their policy was on that.  They are fairly reasonable too on their prices!
  • VngarciaVngarcia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you have to be protestant in order for them to perform the ceremony?  Also, what about the pastor officiating?  Is your pastor allowed to be involved?

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    King of Kings Lutheran Church does not require any membership. It holds A LOT of people but it isn't very pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards