Nebraska

Regency Lake and Tennis Club- opinions?

Hello everyone! I am trying to select a reception venue and really like Regency Lake and Tennis Club. The size and price are great as I am on a budget and am expecting about 100 guests.  However, it seems odd to me that the dance floor is in a different room and I am worried about how that will effect the flow of things. Has anyone ever attended a wedding there and have an opinion on it? I am also open to suggestions for any similar venues! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Re: Regency Lake and Tennis Club- opinions?

• I am having my reception their next month.  I think its going to work fine and I actually like that the dance area is in a different room.  I think that will be kind of nice for kids, older people & guests who just dont want to dance.  I will post a review after my wedding but that might not be helpful to you. I also like that you can use any caterer or self cater and the same with alcohol.  You also dont have to hire a security guard.  We also asked to get the space the day before to set up if they dont have anything going on (my wedding is on a Friday so we are good to go I think to set up on Thursday) for no extra charge.  The price was really excellent for sure though.
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for your opinion! I figured it wouldn't be too big of a deal, and for the price of everything it's worth it! I was also debating maybe just putting a dance floor in the main room and having the bar area for more seating... but I have plenty of time to think about it. I will make sure to check out your review after your wedding!  Out of curiosity, are you having your ceremony there as well?

• I am not having my ceremony there.  I saw a picture of Bayliss Park in Council Bluffs and fell in love with the Dome/Canopy thing.  I had never seen it before since I am not very familiar with Council Bluff but heard about it on TK.  Its soooo pretty!  I almost wish we were getting married in the spring or fall when it gets dark earlier so I could have an evening wedding bc its so pretty at night!

:)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good choice, I heard the ceremony venue is beautiful as well!. However, what is your timeline of events for the reception? Are you having cake cutting, first dance, etc... all happening at the same time so guests only having to migrate to the bar area once? Sorry for so many questions, I think I am over thinking the whole dance/dinner being seperate.
  • I booked there for next year. It is really a lovely area. I didn't even think of the dance floor being in a different room- I just thought how nice it was to have a separate bar area and floor, but still have enough room to sit guests for that price! I guess the only difficulties may be squeezing everyone in to watch the first dance. Maybe you could do those in front of the fireplace?
  • I just had my wedding reception there. Some people did miss out on the bouquet toss, first dance, etc because it was hard to hear the DJ from the other room. But otherwise my guests had a blast dancing the night away! It was the perfect venue. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards