Nebraska
Options

Out-of-state bride needs help! Hair, makeup, and photography suggestions???

Can you give me suggestions for hair, makeup, and photography? 

I need to decide by Thanksgiving and do not live (nor have I ever) in Omaha!  Our wedding is at the Magnolia Hotel in downtown Omaha (June 2011).  Laughing

First Date: March 10, 2007
Engaged: August 21, 2010
Wedding: June 4, 2011

Re: Out-of-state bride needs help! Hair, makeup, and photography suggestions???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Videography suggestion: www.visualitiesvideography.com
    Hair: Turning Heads Salon!!!
  • Options
    breeankers11breeankers11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand as I am living in TN planning for a NE wedding! It's not easy. If you are still able to I would consider getting a wedding coordinator as I reaaallly wish I had! As I don't live there anymore, I can only share what I have experienced and what I have been told:
    I think for photography one thing I have been told is to be sure you like the style of their sample photos because even if you "ask" for something different you should only expect what you see. I am going with Paddock photography but again it's what style you prefer!
    For hair, I'm still trying to figure that out but was referred to M. Constantino's and though the staff seems nice the owner was very uppity and rude over the phone over a few simple questions. I have heard good things about Garbo's which is likely what I will use.
    For makeup- It's expensive but she does airbrush. It's $90 for the bride and I think $65 for anyone else and only takes her 20-30 min. Her company is called blush makeup artistry but I have yet to do a trial. Heck when else do can you pamper yourself so much?! Her name is Christine Danderand.
    I'm not sure if you have a DJ but I had a few fall through and actually got quite a few recommendations for Teeroy who now owns his own company. You can find him if you just google- again we haven't met yet but it seems that he is very professional and concerned with keeping you happy.
    Hope this helps! let me know if you have any better suggestions for hair!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is Carrie from Euphoria, a few girls have recommended her.  There is also Darcy from Boss studios.  I think I might go with Darcy because one of the brides she did hair for looked amazing!  I'm actually going with Christine, and did my trial, it looked amazing!  In fact, my siggy pic is after her makeup trial.  I already got our DJ, and I hope against all hope he's good.  He seems knowledgable about the business, but he used one word over and over while talking to us which worries me about his MC ability.  With photography, I'm going with my FI cousin.  He doesn't solely do wedding photography, he focuses on other artsy types of photography...I wouldn't say he's the best wedding photographer I found...but you can't beat family prices.

First Date: March 10, 2007
    Engaged: August 21, 2010
    Wedding: June 4, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards