Nebraska
Options

I Need a plan B, looking for christian church

We are planning to get married at halleck park. In case it rains I would like to get married in a christian church. Does anyone know any good christian churches? If there are any rules or regulations that we would have to follow. Thank You.

Re: I Need a plan B, looking for christian church

• Options
    edited December 2011

Any particular denomination?  There are a lot of gorgeous churches throughout the city.  What's your criteria though?  The looks, the teachings, the religious official (priest, minister, pastor), the location?

Most churches will also make you participate in their pre-marriage counseling.  Also, they tend to prefer that the person officiating is a part of that church in some way.  Some even require that you be that particular denomination or a member of the congregation.  Obviously, each does things differently so you might be able to find one that doesn't require these things. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    cerissacerissa member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married at Trinity Lutheran Church at 333 W. Halleck St in Papillion.  We weren't members and didn't have to attend pre marital counseling, but that was likely because my fiance was in CA at the time.   It's a beautiful church and I believe it cost us $500.00.  

I was a member of Beautiful Savior and changed churches at the last moment when the Pastor told me that we were not allowed to have any music that didn't give glory to God.   The bothered me since the song I was going down the aisle to was the song my dad and I would have danced to had he still been alive.  

I can't recall the Pastor that I worked with and I believe he left the church to start his own, but everyone there was very sweet and loving unlike many other churches I had contacted.   Good luck :)   OH!  We were also allowed to use whatever music we liked given that it was appropriate of course.    One of the few churches that permit the wedding march from my experience even though I didn't use it.   They also permitted my little niece to throw rose petals. 
  • Options
    Wilhelm12Wilhelm12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have someone already marrying us. It is my fiance's brother. My mom is thinking that we get married in a catholic church, but married as christian. My dad works their. I dont know if its just me but I rather be married in a christian church, plus now my mom thinks I shouldnt be married at the park because of the baseball field. This is getting exhausting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I go to Capital City Christian and really enjoy it. They have a nice facility. It's good sized and they are very welcoming.

-Lacy Jo Marshall
    Beacon Hills & Country Inn & Suites
  • Options
    deb84deb84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you can just get married in a Catholic church.  I'm pretty sure you have to be Catholic and you for sure have to take pre-cana classes and be married by the Priest.  

What is your reception site? Maybe you could get married there in case of rain?  Do either of you have a church you attend? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards