Nebraska

Outdoors Wedding in October?

I am planning an October 13th Wedding, and the location where the banquet room is, they have the opportunity to have an outdoor ceremony with a beautiful background (trees changing colors in the fall)...is it too risky to have an outdoor ceremony in October in Nebraska?
62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n

Re: Outdoors Wedding in October?

• edited January 2012
    September and October are actually the "safest" months in Nebraska for an outdoor wedding.
  • Just make sure you have a place for an "indoor" wedding should the weather not cooperate.  Oct. 13th is my mother's birthday and the year before last it was cold, wet and windy.  I was married on 10/6 and it was 75 and sunny.  The weather in Nebraska is unpredictable so just make sure that you can have the ceremony indoors if need be or a back up plan in place if the weather doesn't cooperate. 
  • We have the same wedding date! Let me guess, probably because it is the Huskers week off. Our wedding won't be outside, but I definately took note of the weather this past Oct. 13th. It was about 71 and sunny. It was actually a perfect day! However, this has been a weird year for weather around here.
    Mel
  • Yes, thats exactly why!  We've actually been engaged for a year, so when I told the fiance I was ready to start planning, I asked him to think of a date that he would like and he didn't hesitate and told me this date.  I didn't look ahead at the Huskers schedule so I thought he was just throwing out a date, but found out later that he had this one already planned out.  I sure hope we have a repeat of '71 and Sunny', on October 13th, that would be amazing.  Even though its an outoor ceremony, I am still going to arrange a backup plan.
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards