Nebraska
Options

Vendor Reviews - 9/8/12 North Central Nebraska

Hi everyone - wanted to share some of our experiences and hopefully help out another DIY bride!

We were married in my hometown of Atkinson, but planned everything from Chicago. It was a complete DIY reception which meant a lot of work, but well worth it!

Photographer - Silver Star Photography by Amber - silverstarbyamber.com.  Amber is absolutely amazing to work with and her photos are gorgeous.  She is professional, up for anything (we had her on scaffolding, middle of pastures, and on the ground - I don't think every photographer would do that for a great shot!).  I highly recommend that you check out her work.  She's a delight!

DJ - 1 Eyed Jacks - www.1ejdj.com   Hello FUN!  These guys are based in Omaha, but drove up to Atkinson for us.  Adam and Ian are professional, fun, and communicative. They were great at watching the crowd and playing music accordingly.  We had a few quick decisions to make and they rolled with the punches.  I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking.  They truly made our night so much fun.

Cake - We actually had this made by a friend in western NE, near Kearney.  Message me for her info - she doesn't have a website up yet.  She did a great job - we didn't want a huge cake for everyone, just a cake top to cut (we did a dessert bar).  The cake was basically a wooden cake, frosted and designed to be exactly what we wanted.

Hair - Uptown Hair Design - Macy - amazing!  I've loved Macy's work for years.  She did a great job on all of our hair and was FAST!  Thanks Macy!

Dresses - Macy's and DB - I ordered mine from Macys.com and loved it!  Very true to size and only needed to be altered for length.  For the bridesmaids, we watched the sales on DB outlet and clearance sales.  Got their dresses for 60ish, normally 150! 

If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me.  I have a lot of items for sale as well - black tablecloths (24 round, 6 rectangle), vases, vase filler (metallic glossy beads), votive candle holders, platters to serve the meals family style and much more!

Re: Vendor Reviews - 9/8/12 North Central Nebraska

• Options
    Why am I seeing alot of table cloths for sale?  Don't the venues provide these??
  • Options
    Sorry for the delayed response - it depends on your venue.  I used a community center that did not have tablecloths.  Some caterers will provide them, but they didn't have black.

It depends!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards