Nebraska

Where to try on dresses at?

I went to David's Bridal last week and fell in love with three dresses. I had wanted to go to a few other places around here to see what they had. I looked up Bridal Traditions but then I saw that they had terrible reviews. I was thinking about Suburban Bridal possibly. Does anyone know where else in Omaha that would be good?

Re: Where to try on dresses at?

• jlo3204jlo3204 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Bridal Traditions and I have an awesome experience with them! They helped me without being too overbearing and gave me and my friend our own time to try on dresses and decide. Their alteration lady Ruth is AMAZING!! She only works on Fridays though, but she is super nice and has great ideas on how to alter the dress without being too expensive (all the alterations for my dress my mom and I figured would be about $350-400, but only is going to cost us $150). She's also really flexable on times to meet up for dress fittings if something ever comes up.

I'm not sure about anyone else that has been there, but I was super happy with my dress and the service they have given me so far.... but that's just me. :)

• tombraider21tombraider21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe Alfred Angelo opened up a shop at Shadow Lake Towne Center.
  • edited December 2011
    My main conern is that I wanted to try somewhere other than David's Bridal. It's not because I don't like them.. because I have fallen in love with three dresses there. I just want to see what else is out there.

The issue is that when I look up other stores the reviews are terrible. I have read things like one store the Bridesmaid dresses never came in. So, the store wrote a check for a refund but when the bride went to cash it, it bounced. That really makes me leery. That's why I thought I would just ask you guys on the local boards.

I was hoping to see where you found your dresses. I have an appointment set up at Suburban Bride for Wed. That store had some good and some bad.

Who knows, maybe I'm just beign apranoid because I really like the ones at David's Bridal.
  • StephB22StephB22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress from jmaries in Papillion, they are helpful enough, not like over the top helpful though. I like the people at Suburban bridal, they seemed nice and that's where we are getting our BM dresses from. They had the same BM dresses at Bridal Traditions and they were somewhat rude when we walked in and didnt say anything to us when we left, I felt suburban was better at making you feel welcome- and will definitely be getting the BM dresses from there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Phew! That is really good to hear! I was really worried because the negative feedback that I had read online had said that these places were nice until after you purchased it. So, I was worried that everything would seem ok until after I bought my dress (or the bridesmaid dresses) and then I would get screwed.

Thank you guys for the feedback! I really appreciate it!Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    i got mine at bridal traditions and they were so helpful and explained everything so well, i have nothing bad to say about them : )
  • edited December 2011
    I got my at Bridal Details and would never recommend them!  Especially if you are planning on ordering the dress.  If you want to buy off the rack, they are having a sale this weekend, but the two dresses I tried on there were dirty and the one was missing beading.  They would not fix the beading, but they would discount the dress (only by $100) and also said they would make sure it was perfectly clean.  I don't know that it could have gotten cleaner.  I have now dealt with Bridal Traditions, and honestly, I love them.  Judy bent over backwards to fix the errors that Bridal Details made by trying to get me two bridesmaids dresses here before my wedding next week.
  • edited December 2011
    Your posts have been so helpful! This last Wednesday I went to Bridal Designs - Suburban Bridal and honestly... they kind of made me a little upset. The only other place I have to compare them to is David's Bridal so maybe that's why I feel this way. But the lady that was helping me didn't smile once. She seemed like she didn't want me there. She asked if I needed a strapless bra and I said yeah. She said ok good because yours is probably better than ours. I was shocked that she would say somethign negative like that. It made me wonder if theirs were old, dirty, or what. Ya know. Then she would wonder off and I had no idea where she went. She made me feel like she didn't want me there. So I kept apologizing for her having to lace me up etc. One of the times she wondered off and didn't come back. Then the girl that was at the front desk when we came in started helping me instead. That girl was actually nice. I was so worried about seeing bad things posted online that when I was trying on the dresses I felt like I couldn't like them. I think I am going to stick with David's. I'm sure that some of these other places are good but I think I'm too nervous about what I've heard.

I am going back to David's this upcoming Wednesday and I am going to try on my top dresses again along with some others I chose. I'm having a hard time choosing honestly. I didn't think it would be this hard! I feel like I've gotten my feet wet though!
  • deb84deb84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got really nervous when I read the reviews online too because they were all so horrible!  But keep in mind that only UPSET brides write those reviews or REALLY REALLY happy brides.  You don't usually hear from the eh, the service was satisfactory brides.  Go where you want and if they make you feel uncomfortable or seem shady LEAVE.  Just because you go there to try on dresses doesn't mean you have to buy.  You can easily see what else is out there...then if you fall in love with one worry about where you are going to purchase it from. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Nebraska Bridal Outlet in Wahoo. I spent $346 after tax and shipping. =] They have excellent reviews and lots to choose from. All the dresses are under $300. It's worth a drive I think.
  • edited December 2011
    That's not a bad idea! I live really far out in West Omaha (on the edge of Elkhorn) so that wouldn't be too far. I have a second appointment at David's Bridal tomorrow. I think I'm going to try on my top dresses again with a few more and see where I sit after that.

I like that price tag though! lol
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, how could you not?! Definitely take a couple people with you (not too many though as there's not a TON of sitting space) because they don't have attendants helping you in and out of dresses (part of how they keep costs low I'm sure). But just keep an open mind, try on EVERYTHING (ya never know what you'll like!) and HAVE FUN. They have a ton there and in every size imaginable (I think they said they went up to a size 30 or something). Good luck! =]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards