Nebraska

Need Advice!

Ok so i need some advice here... I am getting married on August 14 and for my bridesmaids i let them pick out whatever black dress they wanted as long as it wasn't shiny and it was flowy. I was trying to be nice and save them money(2 girls are using dresses they already have) and have something they would wear again. Problem is i can't get them to buy, order or even pick out dresses. I went shopping with them back in december and asked them to get their dresses by march. Well the MOH has hers picked out and i am hopefully going to get her to buy it next week. But the last two girl don't even have dresses picked out. I asked them about the dresses at the being of the month and they said they will start looking. I am starting to get nervous cause the wedding is less than 5 months away. I am i being crazy to worry? What would you guys do?

Re: Need Advice!

• AMplusSKAMplusSK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As long as they don't have to order a dress or have it altered, they should have plenty of time.  If motivated, you can get the dress done in an afternoon. I would say, you can start to worry at about 2 months and really worry at 1 month.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mallen34mallen34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain! My girls are doing the same thing. Since I am having my girls wear a certain style of dress, and they have to be ordered...I gave them a deadline. I told them that we had to get them ordered at the end of April to make sure we got them in time and could get them altered. But like what was mentioned above, if you don't have to order or alter them, you probably don't have to worry too much yet. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Since all they have to do is go to a store and pick out a dress, I wouldn't worry about it.  There's still plenty of time!
  • Jack0713Jack0713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have two tea length black dresses I ordered extras of my bm dresses..yes I'm anal i know. I bought them very reasonable and would be willing to sell. They are ones that they will be able to wear again. I have a size 12 and size 4
  • neems1982neems1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did they get their dresses yet? My wedding is in September. I let my bridesmaids pick their own dresses also, but I gave them a hard deadline. If they didn't get their dress by June 1st I was going to kick them out the wedding. Needless to say, they all have their dresses ordered.
    ethan9 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards