Florida-Central Florida
Options

No feeling in any dress I try on

Wedding is January 2013 in Winter Park, FL.  My second wedding, first time was very young (in mid 30s now).  I've tried on 60-75 dresses all over Orlando and while they're all pretty I'm not getting that "feeling."  I'm not a super emotional person but I was hoping to have some kind of feeling to lead me to pick a dress.  When the sales people ask if I feel beautiful in some dress, I'm like not really, I look the same as I did 5 minutes ago just in a prettier dress.  Is this indecision? Pickiness? Perhaps, I can be both those things.  I've narrowed it down to 3 dresses that are pretty, but not enough to make me cry like on TV.  Justs wondering if anyone out there has had a similar problem?

Re: No feeling in any dress I try on

• Options
    I honestly feel like part of it is the salon and how they guide you to the dress that gives you that feeling. I was in the excact same boat as you...this is my second wedding (although I didn't make it down the aisle the first time, I had picked a dress and all that), I'm not an emotional person at all and every dress I tried on I was like "this is pretty but I just don't know." Then I went to Solutions Bridal by Millenia mall and the experience with my stylist was totally different then every other salon and she listened so well to what I was feeling and looking for and the whole staff made sure I had an amazing experience despite the busy day that the moment I saw myself in the dress with my veil and my bouquet (I made myself and brought with me) and they "presented" me to my family and were even singing (haha yes I told them to sing to help "move" my mother and they sang!). So I saw myself with the whole picture and burst into tears of emotion and knew without a doubt this was the dress for me. I was 99% sure before this moment that I would not have this reaction but everything came together perfectly and it was the perfect experience!

I would highly recommend going there if you haven't picked a dress yet and trying a few on, ask for Trish and you will be amazingly taken care of!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm not a crier so it wouldn't surprise me to not be super emotional about a dress.  I didn't cry over my first wedding dress so the likelihood of it happening for this wedding is slim to nill.

That said, you should at least like your dress and be happy about having it preserved for years in your wedding pictures.  But I think it's silly for salespeople to think that a dress is going to make you cry like the people on TV.  They cast women for those shows based on their ability to play to the camera (i.e. be a Bridezilla, cry with joy, etc....) because those brides make for better shows.  But I think the vast majority of women do not cry over their dress, they just find something that's comfortable and makes them feel confident (or in my case, sexy.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards