Florida-Central Florida

Real plates vs plastic - Kirby rental?

Having major debate on real vs plastic wear.  Caterer is great but they don't do plates, etc.  All the quotes I got in Orlando suggested Kirby for real plates, etc.  I talked to Kirby today hoping for some logistical info and she was like, yeah, it's a nightmare for you girls to figure this out.  I just can't be washing dishes in my wedding dress or ask any guests to do so.  I want nice stuff but this is logistical nightmare.  Anyone dealt with Kirby or similar real plate rental?  Any advice?  Thanks!

Re: Real plates vs plastic - Kirby rental?

• We are in the EXACT same situation. Here's what we're doing.

Four Rivers BBQ is our caterer, offering plastic dinnerware only. However, we wanted real dishes/silverware, so I think we're going to go with Kirby's (rec'd by Four Rivers).

For a small fee ($75 or so?), the Four Rivers servers will also wash the dishes to return them clean to Kirby's. We think it's totally worth it.

(When I started researching this stuff, I could NOT believe that the dish rental companies wouldn't just let you pay a little more to return them dirty!)
  • Thanks margipan!  This rental thing seems like a racket.
  • I think it would be worth it to pay your caterer an additional fee to clean the plates. You shouldnt have to worry about dirty dishes the day of your wedding :]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards