Florida-Central Florida

Guest room goodies

Can you all give me some ideas on guest room goodies bags? Thanks!Kiss

Re: Guest room goodies

• edited December 2011
    I havent thought this through yet but i know I am adding a water bottle, tylenol, chips/candy, maps/brochures, and something florida like but I dont know what yet.
  • edited December 2011
    Would it be bad to not do hotel bags? Most of our guests are out of town and it would be a bag for pretty much everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    Vitamin Water, Energy drinks, potato chips, tea bags, peanuts, snack bars, aspirin, popcorn, welcome letter with area attractions and food immediate to each hotel.
    That's Mrs.skWhitneyAmanda to you!

You're my true love, my whole heart ♥ ♥ ♥ <-- Married Bio <br>
  • edited December 2011
    mlharbis - We did not do out of town bags.  Pretty much everyone except our parents and my brothers were from out of town, so  we would've needed bags for everyone and it just wasn't something we were willing to lay out the money for.  I'm sure everyone appreciated the open bar instead lol
  • edited December 2011
    I always pack those sorts of things when I travel anyway, so I figure most folks will be prepared. I was thinking about doing an OOT brochure, though, with the maps and area highlights and whatnot. I have most of that stuff posted on my website already, so it'd be pretty easy.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing OOT bags-I made a welcome brochure using vistaprint-super easy! They have tons of designs.

I am keeping the bags simple-water, snacks, cookies, chocolates
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing water, snacks, tylenol, hand sanitizer, a welcome brochure (going to make it on Vistaprint), and maybe a lotto ticket, depending on how much I've already spent on snacks and water.
  • amyers321amyers321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's what I put in our out of town bags.
    A brochure(created in ms publisher and printed at staples)
    2 water bottles per bag(with the personalized labels)
    a map of the area and a list of places to eat(I got both from the city of Mt. Dora)
    2 postcards(1 Mt. Dora self addressed one for them to write down their favorite memory and mail back to us and then another without a stamp for them to use as they wish. I found a manatee one which is my schools mascot and added that)
    a few bandaids
    a pack of tissues
    a pack of wipes
    a few single dose travel packs of tylenol
    a mini bottle of hand sanitizer
    mentos(the fruity ones)
    a box of MnM's in our wedding colors(in a favor box sealed with a label with our monogram W...I bough the boxes and the labels for a few $ at michaels)
    a few dove dark chocolates(my favorite candy)
    some lifesavor mints
    and....a bottle of marmalade which we purchased from a local(lake county) orange grove

We put all of the above in a bag(one of those reusable grocery totes which we purchased at toys r us) and I tied them with regular gift ribbon (blue and white) and then printed out a tag for each with their name and a little welcome note. The bags were like $1.50 at Toys R us and I got the ones with butterflies on them(because I love butterflies and they went a bit with our theme)

All in all not the cheapest idea I had but they were a hit. The marmalade was a last minute purchase. We originally planned to pick oranges but the shelf life is short on oranges and we wanted people to be able to enjoy them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards