Florida-Central Florida
Options

The Mezz/The Abbey in Downtown Orlando?

Hi Girls! I'm a South Florida bride so forgive me for not knowing anything about the Orlando area! Has anyone gotten married or is planning for a wedding at the Mezz or the Abbey in Downtown Orlando? I would love to see some pictures or get some prices before I contact the actual venue (if it's out of my price range, I'd rather not even bother!).

Thanks so much!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: The Mezz/The Abbey in Downtown Orlando?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont believe the abbey is open yet...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a SoFla bride getting married in Orlando too :)

I haven't heard much about The Abbey, but The Mezz (from what I have seen) is really nice. It's more contemporary/modern as far as the room feel and has floor to ceiling windows which I think is really cool. When we were looking for a venue, neither were available, but if you Google The Mezz now, in Google Images there are quite a few. None set up for a full wedding/event but it'll give you a good idea of the space.

I've read that Saturday rentals run $5000, but I'm not sure what that includes. I actually read that on this board - just not sure how far down the threads you would have to look!

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Natesroom: Thank you! I didn't know the Abbey wasn't open yet.

Liliana: The Mezz looks really cool! Thank you for passing along information! I guess I'll just have to contact them.

Thanks so much!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    rayandbrerayandbre member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My reception is at The Mezz January 21, 2012.  So excited its an amazing locaiton.  I have a personal connection and can tell you that since they started having weddings last month they have had great reviews.  Had a cake tasting last night and she had done the cake for the wedding the previous weekend and raved about the set up.  Best of Luck!
  • Options
    Cinelli122Cinelli122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Mezz next February. It's amazing. I saw a video of a wedding ceremony that actually took place there, it was gorgeous. And while I was meeting with the bar company I got to see the Abbey, it's not finished, but close and that as well is amazing
  • Options
    devinshayladevinshayla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at this the other day too. The Abbey is their small theatre in the same building. Not really a wedding type venue, but the mezz looked nice.
  • Options
    Christyb1984Christyb1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Mezz as well in February 2012! It was so good to see that they have had good reviews :-)  Has anyone heard if they have stopped allowing outside catering?  I signed with them for that reason, however it looks like Cuisiniers Catering is the soul catering company.  Does anyone know about this?
  • Options
    ChanelmicheleChanelmichele member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking to book The Mezz for April 2012. I have my meeting Monday. They do allow outside catering. We are going with Arthur's as I have used them for a party before. They're awesome! I heard The Abbey is a great setting for a cocktail hour before the reception...anyone know? Also, we're going to have a large band, anyone else having a band or going with a DJ? I appreciate your help! I guess I will find out more on Monday!
  • Options
    bridechanbridechan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if this helps but it's a link to a photographer's site of a wedding reception at The Mezz. I've found some nice venues looking through photographer's site, gives a good idea of what your wedding pics might look like :)
    http://jennhopkinsphotography.com/blog/2011/07/21/annie-and-jeremy-are-married-orlando-wedding-photographer/
  • Options
    SilverSarahBSilverSarahB member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you brought this up, I recently started to look at Orlando as a possible location and the images of The Mezz/The Abbey look WONDERFUL!  I totally want to check this location out.
  • Options
    CHEWbakkCHEWbakk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I just did our wedding reception at THE ABBEY and THE MEZZ over memorial day weekend (Sunday, May29, 2011.)  It turned out AMAZING!!  Most of our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever attended.  It was such a cool modern space.  It was a bit difficult coordinating with the staff at the venue, so I found it most helpful to get a wedding planner involved.  We used AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER and it helped alot with the coordination.  We had an acoustic guitarist play at THE ABBEY during our cocktail hour and we used OUR DJ ROCKS for the reception upstairs - and she kept our dancefloor packed all night!!!  We used CUISINIERS for the catering and the food was absolutely fabulous and top-notch. We met with others, but their food and pricing, and customer-service was MUCH better.   MICHAEL ANTHONY cakes did our cake, but we also included a full dessert/sweets bar.  Additionally, for the groom's cake we used PURE MAGIC ICECREAM and that was the biggest hit of hte night. DREAM DESIGNS FLORIST did the flowers and again, she is freaking AMAZING!!   When we were planning, there were not many photos of the space out there, so I'm sure you will find this helpful - here is a link to our photographer's website with some photos of the spaces.   She was also incredible by the way!!  

http://jennhopkinsphotography.com/blog/2011/07/21/annie-and-jeremy-are-married-orlando-wedding-photographer/

• Options
    missnhopemissnhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Another SoFla bride checking in and I think the Mezz is also going to be my location of choice! My fiance is big on having an unusual location so I think this one will work out great! We used to live in Orlando so we have a special place for it in our hearts. I really need to make the time to check out this spot when we make our next trip to Orlando!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We just signed for the Mezz /Abbey for our December 2012 wedding and it's amazing. It's different and very modern. I love that it includes the tables, chairs, and lighting. We saw it on a Saturday and came back to sign the very next week. They are booking fast because we initially wanted to get married in November and had to change it to December but i'm happy with my new date.
  • Options
    SilverSarahBSilverSarahB member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the Abbey/Mezz people who have or are 100% going to have an event in the space, what is your guest count, and are any out-of-town.  A problem I am coming across is finding a nearby hotel for my out-of-town guests, and I worry that a guest list of 120 may be too tight for The Abbey.  Can someone comment on the practicality of space and guests?
  • Options
    Does anyone know the approx cost for the rental of the Mezz?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards