Honeymoon Discussions

Which parts of Costa Rica?

We are planning our honeymoon in Costa Rica, and our travel agent suggested 3 different locations in 7 days - from what I have read on here, it is definitely worth it to see at least 2 different locations while staying in CR, but is 3 too many in one week? 

Also, if we were to choose only 2 (which I am leaning towards because I don't want to spend that much time traveling during our HM), what would you girls reccomend? The three areas our travel agent suggested were Guanacaste, Arenal, and Puerto Quepos - thanks! :)

Re: Which parts of Costa Rica?

• I think 3 is too many-- that's what we did when we went and it was a lot of traveling, packing, unpacking... I would limit it to two for a week, or stretch it to about 10 days if you could. We went to Arenal and Guanacaste, as well as Tortuguera (sp) which is way on the Carribbean side. I would def recommend Arenal-- it's a cool area and there are tons of activities like ziplining, horseback riding, etc, plus the hot springs. I'd also defintiely recommend someplace on the Pacific coast for the hot beachy thing. We stayed in Tamarindo, which was fine, but you could probaby find someplace a little nicer in the area-- Tamarindo was very touristy. Hope that helps some.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards