Florida-Central Florida

Another bad AA Altamonte experience.

So- my MOH and I went today to pick up her wedding dress (she is getting married next month). We walked in, she paid, and they handed her her dress. She was like, Um, I want to try it on. We had walked in with shoes, crinoline, etc. So- it was clearly obvious that we wanted to try it on to make sure it fit. She was a little worried about it, because of the size the guy ordered. According to their measurements, the size SHOULD fit, but was definitely a SMALLER size than what she normally wears as far as street clothes go. So, I go into the dressing room with her, she tries it on, and I can not get the zipper to close all the way. Uh oh. So, the girl comes in that is "helping" us (more like just showing us into the dressing room), and works with the zipper. She readjusted my MOH in the dress, clipped it with a clip that I did not know was on the dress, and pulled the zipper up. RIIIIIIIIP! She ripped the zipper! Now there is a HUGE hole and you can see her back!! Major panic time! We get things straightened out so that they will fix it and ship it to her house because today was literally the ONLY day that she could pick up the dress. I just wanted to share my experience because this is the SECOND time that AA has been bad. They were GREAT when I was picking my dress. But, just as my MOH, when I came back to pick it up, they took the money and it was like business was done. They did not offer to have me try on the dress and were quite rude about the whole thing. It is very frustrating... Hopefully things get fixed and her dress is fine.

Re: Another bad AA Altamonte experience.

• edited December 2011
    Awh. I'm sorry you guys had to go through that :(
  • SRivera09SRivera09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting my dress from AA.  I love the dress, but can't stand the girl that helps me!  She acts like she has been there forever, but she definately doesn't know her stuff.  My 2nd trial there she starts pulling the 3 dress I had previously liked, but was missing one.  Then she starts rattling off style numbers.  Uh yea, those numbers mean nothing to me!  She keeps harassing my mom to come in and pay for the dress.  She's so annoying, so don't make your appt with Gwen!  She was about the order the wrong size for me until my mom stepped in!  If it wern't for the dress, we definately would not be going there!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah. We won't be getting the BM dresses there anymore. I have officially decided that I will give then NO MORE business! It is just absolutely HORRIBLE how they are night and day in there. You would think that they would kinda sugar-coat and be nice EVERY time, whether you are trying on or picking up a dress. This is your WEDDING DRESS!!!! SRivera- I hope your experience when you pick up the dress is better than both our experiences were!!!
  • bluepoet2007bluepoet2007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that! I had a great experience buying my dress and having it altered there :) My consultant was Elizabeth, and Dayra and Stefani helped me during my fittings, and for pickup. They were all great, thankfully. My girls didn't have any problems getting their BM dresses either...but it sounds like the consultant definitely influences the experience. Hope your MOH's dress worries are over soon! *vibes for a good end result*
  • vedikavedika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel badly for your MOH :[ I had a great experience at AA with Stefani and she was not only helpful, but was so excited for me to pick up my dress & try it on! I would really address the issue with a store manager because he/she wouldn't know how the customers are being spoken to or not being taken care of since he/she can't spend 24/7 with their employees..So, it is up to us, the customers, to make sure we call them out if we don't feel the service is up to par..I hope that things work out with your MOHs dress!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that! I got a bridesmaids dress from there and Stefani and Erica were very helpful and informative. That really sucks though and I hope everything works out!
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :( i had a great experience with sue when i tried on gowns. i hate that they dont treat you as well after you pay. not good.
  • knittychicknittychic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry your friend had such a bad experience. The first time I went there the consultant was horrible, she practically told me I was fat in front of my bridesmaids. I still went back only because the dress I fell in love with was there, but I made sure someone else helped me. And that's when I met Stephanie, lol. She was wonderful. She pulled like eight dresses for me because I wanted to be certain I was buying the dress I really wanted. She even helped me make sure I ordered it in a petite size, since I'm 5ft, and in a size smaller than I originally tried it on. Needless to say it fit perfect when I picked it up!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sorry you guys had such bad experiences! This is why I ordered my AA wedding dress from ebridalsuperstore.com. I got it for $500 less than AA and it came in perfect, already steamed and everything. I would never purchase anything from that altamonte store!
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sorry that you had to go through that. =(I agree with Vedika, maybe you should talk to the store manager. When I was there, she was very helpful.
  • amyers321amyers321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't always had a great experience there but I do like Stefani. She has always been nice and friendly. They called me about my bridesmaid dress that dropped out seeing if I wanted to buy it or if I was replacing her. I am kind of glad they called...but we aren't replacing her so the dress can go back. Only one of my girls tried on their dress which is making me nervous now. hmmm The 2 that didn't dresses are in my closet though and they look fine. Thankfully we are done dealing with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards