Honeymoon Discussions

NON-BEACH honeymoon!!

My FI and I really arent sit on the beach people.  We like to visit different places where we can bike ride, walk and see new sites.  We just arent sit on the beach and bake in the sun kind of people.  We are looking for unique ideas...Oh and we're getting married October 30th, so many  northern places are out (P.S. We hate the cold)....Any ideas are welcomed!! Thanks
BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg

Re: NON-BEACH honeymoon!!

• It also depends on your budget.  For instance, you could do a trip to Egypt and see the pyramids.  Or something in Southern Europe.  Maybe go to Croatia, just stay away from the beach?  If your budget is smaller, then I would go with what PP said and stick to the US.  I'm from TX, and San Antonio is a great place to visit.  You could also hit up Austin while you're there.  AZ has some pretty sites too from what I've been told.  Now I live in CO, and it's beautiful here, and makes a nice honeymoon.  But if you don't like the cold I would definitely stay away during October.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd do either northern or southern CA, or both depending on the amount of time you have. Napa Valley, LA, the middle of the state along the water, Carmel, are all lovely places. If you have the time, fly into San Francisco and drive your way south, then fly home from LA.

• I'm also getting married in October and FI and I are doing a whirlwind tour of some of the western National Parks - The Grand Canyon, Death Valley, and Yosemite. 

Yosemite might have snow in November, so that's probably out for you.  Death Valley should actually be pleasant that time of year and has plenty of hiking type activities.

If you plan on going to the National Parks - you should check hotel availability first.  FI and I had to book our rooms at the Grand Canyon and Yosemite a year out - they booked up that far in advance!
  • Disney World?  That's what I'm doing!  I'm not a beach person either.  Also, because it would be October, the crowds and flights wouldn't be so bad. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • In the US- Savannah/Charleston and New Orleans would have been my suggestions as well!  Also New Mexico for hiking and northern California for wine and beautiful views.  October is one of the best times to visit San Francisco and the surrounding areas.  You could even road trip down the Pacific Coast Highway.

Out of the US- October is a good time to visit hot parts of the world.  Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, and southern Spain or Italy would all be great.  India was really nice when we were there in October- still warm but not oppressive.  Also parts of South America, like Peru.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • I secodn both Disney World and Peru.  Macchu Pichu was the most AMAZING place I have been to (not that I'm exactly a world traveler!)  Diseny has so much to do besides the theme parks, like dinner shows, cirque d'soliel, mini golf, boat rentals, excellent restaurants, etc.  Also maybe Costa Rico and enjoy the rainforest!
  • Thanks so much for your input!! I never thought of Tennessee but I have heard its absolutely beautiful!!
  • My Fiance and I were just talking about a trip down the California coast...Disney is another option we are considering (we are huge disney buffs)..Thanks everyone for your input!!  Your help is definately appreciated!! Keep the posts coming
  • How about Sedona AZ? It is maybe the most beautiful place in the U.S. and it is loaded with outdoor activities like hiking, biking, and more! Check it out youll love it!
  • I'd agree with the Disney or Europe posts! Also i you're looking for Sun, but not necisarrily beach a Cruise is always a decent idea. You have the option to go swimming in the pool on the ship, or you can do any of the other activities on board. Plus there are excursions you can take at each of the ports - that rarely include just sitting on a beach!!
  • Cruise is definately on our short list..I love cruising.  Thank you all very much I will let you know when I have decided...More Posts are welcome!!
  • Smoky Mountains National Park in TN. Beautiful Place and should be still mild temps in October.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards