Florida-Central Florida
Options

hey all just wondering...(weather type question)

for those that had a year or more till their wedding date: Did you pay attention to what the weather was like the day you were getting married the year before--I'm having trouble wording that- my date is 10.30.10 so yesterday I wanted to see what the weather was going to be like-and it was really gloomy, rainy and hot where I was--is that any indication of what the weather will be like next year? did any of you pay attention to that? TIA!! -alexis
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: hey all just wondering...(weather type question)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Truthfully, I didn't pay attention to the weather at all, EXCEPT that I was hoping it would be less warm in October than June/July, etc.I don't think you can really predict because right now we're having RECORD heat.  I grew up in CFL and I remember two homecomings (out of 4) where we were FREEZING and the others we were hot as helll!If you're planning an outdoor wedding, just plan for backup in case of rain.  If you're worried about being too hot or cold, I don't think you can predict that :(  My sister and my friend got married in January one the same day 4 years apart and it was freezing for sister's wedding, but hot for my friend's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did - Last year it was sunny, around 76 degrees and perfect! This year its looking like its going to be hot and humid which doesn't lend well to our outdoor ceremony. With FL weather I just don't think you can make any assumptions.
  • Options
    mruiz0128mruiz0128 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did this past May and it was super hot ....ppl said it was unusally hot that day and not to compare.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that for certain times of year you can count on the weather being hot, but any other time it's a crapshoot. Especially the times of year when most people want to get married. We're looking at March/April or Oct/Nov - none of which are very reliable for weather, and as pp said it really does vary from year to year. Shoot, within the same week! The week of Alexia's wedding it was hot as hell, and then it was perfect the day of, right? Crazy. A blessing, but still crazy.
  • Options
    SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    actually, that is how we selected our date. i didn't care WHEN we got married, but i wanted to be able to have the ceremony outside! we used the farmers almanac information to assess the avg percipitation during different times we were considering and selected our date. i'd search online for the avg weather conditions for that date so you can get an idea of what to expect. of course, it's the weather. it can always change!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well this Oct it is unseasonably warm...record breaking actually...you might get lucky next year and have a cool day...I paid more attention to the lighting since we are marrying on the beach at 8 at night...I just figure it is always hot in FL no matter what month!!!! = )
  • Options
    AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting Married in March outside and I really have no backup plan for rain, so I checked the Almanac info as well, to make sure there wasn't a long history or rain during that time. I also make sure not to get married during hurricane season, because there's just no telling what will happen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would pay more attention to the averages than to what it was this year. This year is a record breaking year. But the weather can always be quite different from the average as well. FI proposed on Nov 5 2007, the high that day was like 60 (average is 80) and low was 40something (avg is 65), last year it was about average, this year, its looking to be maybe 5 degrees above average. I'm definitely hoping for a cold front to move through, but who know what will happen in a week....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Tia... I have the same concerns. My wedding is feb 13 and i dont remember how was the weather then. We live in Florida, one day will be sunny and the next may rain. Lets not worry about it. Just make sure you have a back up plan. Jessy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I did check out the averages prior to selecting my date.  But I decided that Iwill not follow the weather day by day.  Its just unneeded stress over something you just cant control.  I hope its sunny on my day too but if not, I will be just as happy =0)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards