Honeymoon Discussions

We are on a very tight budget...

Help me with great ideas for an inexpensive but warm honey moon.  I hear good things about Mexico.

Also, if you did disney in Florida.. are the cheaper rooms still nice?

Just tell me what you did and what deals you got!? THANKS
5*6*11 I will marry my best friend! Budget Bride that loves DIY! My planning blog- It's a work in progress http://futuremrsd.weebly.com Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: We are on a very tight budget...

• Do all inclusive. My friend went on a hm to st thomas and saved a lot of money doing all inclusive. You have to think about flight being expensive depending on where your going. Sign up for travelzoo they have great deals on the website.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_very-tight-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:aa2bd88d-15e8-4deb-9028-9dbe9e3ea96fPost:a1aa6be3-680f-41b7-858b-e30206f4a429">Re: We are on a very tight budget...</a>:
    [QUOTE]It would be easier for us to help you if we knew what you "tight budget" was.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]
    This
    what do you consider 'tight'?  some people think that $5000 is tight while for others it is $1500 or less
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Haha, true...
    under $2000 for the two of us....
    5*6*11 I will marry my best friend! Budget Bride that loves DIY! My planning blog- It's a work in progress http://futuremrsd.weebly.com Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you considered a Caribbean cruise?  You could easily plan a 7-night cruise (which includes meals), airfare, and excursions in some of the ports for $2,000.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would check Mexico- My travel agent says "you get more bang for your buck" in Mexico. Maybe you could shorten the trip & make it a nice all-inclusive. I'd rather have nice quality for a shorter amount of time. If quality doesn't matter to you, they have cheaper hotels there too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FH and I are planning on doing a cruise. Most of them total only $1300 for the both of us, for 6-7 days, and they're all inclusive! It even gives us a few extra hundred for tips, shopping, or other extras we might decide to do.
    I researched Disney and Sandals Honeymoons and they all just seemed too expensive!
    September 2011 December Siggy: First Kiss
    imagePregnancy Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Blog!
  • we are doing an 8 night cruise to the southern caribbean for just under $1,900. we didnt really just choose it because of the price (but it is nice! :) ) but because we will get to see 3 islands/locations, not just 1.

yes, the Disney rooms like All-Star Music is very nice. My FI is a golf pro and has to go to Orlando for a PGA show ever year (we're going in January) and we make a Disney trip out of it (again this time also) and we stay at All-Star. You still get the Disney feel and the rates are awesome!
  • yes disney budget is still nice! you may want to check homeaway.com or vrbo.com for other lodging very close to parks. people rent out their condos/houses etc. on the sites- we use them a lot for travel!

there may be other perks if you stay at a disney hotel, but you'd have to weight it all out.

gl!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards