Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Two part honeymoon?

My Fiance and I cannot decide on a place to go, so we are thinking of doing one part at a place I like and another at a place she likes, and would do this one after another.
We are having our wedding in San Francisco and are trying to stay in California for the honeymoon. My part would be a few days in Napa/ wine country and her part would be in Lake Tahoe skiing for a few days. We would just rent a car, and are thinking of getting a vacation home rental for both places through Zaranga.com, and then we would be set to fulfill both of our ideas!
Has anyone known of anyone doing this before? Did it work out? Is this a bad idea, and we should just keep looking?
Thanks!! 

Re: Two part honeymoon?

• Options
    My Fiance and I cannot decide on a place to go, so we are thinking of doing one part at a place I like and another at a place she likes, and would do this one after another.
    We are having our wedding in San Francisco and are trying to stay in California for the honeymoon. My part would be a few days in Napa/ wine country and her part would be in Lake Tahoe skiing for a few days. We would just rent a car, and are thinking of getting a vacation home rental for both places through Zaranga.com, and then we would be set to fulfill both of our ideas!
    Has anyone known of anyone doing this before? Did it work out? Is this a bad idea, and we should just keep looking?
    Thanks!! 
  • Options
    Since those locations are close together, I think that's absolutely doable, just make sure you plan in enough time for travel between the two so that you still have enough time to enjoy each location.  Your HM can be whatever you want it to be, so if this plan works for you both, then go for it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    dem068dem068 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    We are having a multi part honeymoon too.  Two days in Hawaii, and then 11 days in 3 different cities in Thailand.  It's a lot of travelling, but we are really excited to get to see a ton of stuff over 14 days. I think when you are going to multiple places, the hardest part is being efficient about packing!
  • Options
    Go for it! That sounds like a great trip :)

We had a 2 part HM as well since we were traveling to Fiji, we decided to break up the trip by stopping in Vegas first. It was the best of both worlds, we celebrated in Vegas, rented a car and drove to LA (stopping at the Hoover Dam on the way) and then flew to Fiji for a week of relaxation.
  • Options
    We spent two weeks in St Lucia and switched locations halfway through - he wanted an AI, I wanted somewhere off the beaten path, so we did a week at each, and we both had a great time at both places. Go for it!
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Sounds great!

We spent a few days in Boston, and then left on a Bermuda cruise out of the Cruiseport there.

Two very different things, but lots of fun.
  • Options
    Being partly from NorCal, I feel Napa is overrated... But I suppose it's great for tourists. Expect to pay some serious cash for the winery tastings/tours. THey really prey on tourists. I would suggest Carmel/Monterey instead, solely because you can get amazing wine tastings for super cheap and walk off the buzz on the beautiful board walk or down Cannery Row. 

I do understand that Napa is a huge "bucket list" item for many people, though, and it's a beautiful area that makes you feel really peaceful. 

Lake Tahoe won't disappoint. I think you'll have an incredible HM between the two, and will be totally doable; although I do agree that make sure do allot yourself that day of travel and recovery (maybe plan a spa day the day after you arrive in Tahoe, just to help relax and recoup). It's funny how sitting in a car can be so exhausting :P 
  • Options
    Part 2 comes in about 6 months. Paris We did Orlando right after we got married.
  • Options
    i totally agree with firsttimers. carmel and monterey are so much nicer, imo, and offer far more to do than napa. such a variety and great wines.

• Options
    go for it.

We did 2 days in Amsterdam.  7 days in South Africa.  3 days in Paris, 1 day in Philly, 3 days in NYC.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards