July 2012 Weddings

first wedding nightmare

I've had honeymoon nightmares, but I had my first wedding nightmare last night!

It was 2 days before...and I was just then making appointments for dress alterations and hair appointments. 

I completely forget about my hair appointment, and FI ends up doing my hair (the most he's ever done with my hair is brushed it and attempted to put it in a ponytail).  When I go to my dress fitting (on the day of the supposed wedding), I have 2 dresses.  One is the one which I actually have and LOVE, but this other one is some way over-the top thing with a huge (we're talking, doesn't even fit through the doorway...think Gypsy weddings if you've seen that show on TLC) poufy skirt with pickups and these gawdawful fabric roses all over it.  The top of the dress is solid beading, but the front of it is pink, and the back is white.  My mom tells me that this is my reception dress and the other one is my ceremony dress. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview

Re: first wedding nightmare

• Haha, now I'm picturing what I would look like if my FI tried to do my hair.

I also had a wedding nightmare last night, but it was just that ppl were getting over-the-top drunk at the cocktail hour and then being way rowdy during the reception and peeing on the walls (gross!). I asked FI to help me control people, but he said to just "go with it". I really hope this isn't foreshadowing...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'll bet we all will start getting more nightmares soon!!

I'd NEVER let anyone try to fix my hair unless it's a hair dresser. I threw a fit when I was 6 years old when my dad tried to brush my hair for our family photo.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a nightmare last night too! Mine was about my florist - In my dream, she only put 3 roses in our centerpieces and I was like, I COULD HAVE DONE THAT MYSELF!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so glad I'm not having wedding nightmares.  I'm just having tax return / bookkeeping nightmares which are probably worse! I guess I'm in the minority FI helps me straighten my hair if I ask nicely enough :).

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_first-wedding-nightmare-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:d5a7eff3-b474-445a-bacf-266a954336c0Post:fca71787-6215-4863-9421-8a4e6e12da25">Re: first wedding nightmare</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so glad I'm not having wedding nightmares.  I'm just having tax return / bookkeeping nightmares which are probably worse! I guess I'm in the minority <strong>FI helps me straighten my hair if I ask nicely enough :).
    </strong>Posted by michelle11988[/QUOTE]

hahahaha you are one lucky girl!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards