Florida-Central Florida
Options

Men's Wedding Band Cost

Hi Ladies,

FI and I are going wedding band shopping for him this weekend and I wanted to see if anyone has gone or knows the average cost of a band. FI does not wear any jewelry and he's already expressed he likes simple white gold bands.

Any thoughts on price and suggestions on where to go?

Thanks!!

Re: Men's Wedding Band Cost

• Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on his ring size, they base the prices off of the total weight of the gold. If you're looking for just solid gold bands, you could try somewhere like Kays or Zales. They could be having some Christmas sales going on, I know sometimes Kays does spend $x and receive "santa bucks" to use in the future. Check out prices and sales online.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got FI's at zales. He has sausage fingers, wears a size 13 & his ring was about $300 for a solid gold band. We found one online for way cheaper from Gordon's online - but it wasn't comfort fit & he was really adamant about that. Definitely comparison shop - we found IDENTICAL rings at Kay's for literally DOUBLE the price. It paid for us to check out 3 or 4 jewelers. 
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    His was around 250, 300 after tax, etc.  He got a white gold band with small detailed scrolls on it, no diamonds from Zales.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think my FI's ring was around $300 from Jared's. It's Tungsten. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't started looking yet but when we went e-ring shopping we went to the International Diamond Center and their prices for designer settings were very low, better then online. I'm going back there to upgrade to a Tacori setting after the wedding and probably look for him there too. We ended up getting my ring from Goldsmith's on Lee road and after getting it appraised realized we got a very good deal there. I would shop around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aleznoffaleznoff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Go to www.bluenile.com. They are the biggest online jewelery retailer.  We got our wedding bands from there as well as my engagement ring.  I also got a neclace from there.  At first it was hard for me to purchase something of so much value site-unseen.  However, I wouldn't go anywhere else now for jewelery!  Their service is fantastic and you can't beat their prices.  I have shopped around for months, and nobody can match their prices. Also, sign up for their emailing list.  They contstantly send out 10% promo codes.  We wait until the promo to buy our jewelery. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jln555jln555 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds crazy but check out overstock.com we have been pricing rings and the SAME EXACT RING from KAYS was on there and it was less than 100 dollars.
  • Options
    jln555jln555 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    also check bj's and sams club... they had great deals there too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards