Florida-Central Florida
Options

Gaylord Palms

Does anyone have an experience with weddings at Gaylord Palms? I went to the ICE show there last year and I remember thinking how beautiful it would be for a wedding.

Re: Gaylord Palms

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there and it was beautiful.  That's about all I know... sorry, not very helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine used to work events there but is on maternity leave.  I'm asking her for a contact name for you.
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All I know is they are really expensive. When I looked into them, I believe it was around 175 to 200 per person. 
  • Options
    eviegrl42eviegrl42 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into their pacages and they are pretty expensive. The venue is beautiful but I think you could get alot more for your money HTH
  • Options
    eviegrl42eviegrl42 member
    edited December 2011
    apparently I can't spell... packages*
  • Options
    cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    edited December 2011
    I saw the package and it was pretty expensive. We're thinking of spending our honeymoon night there though... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a banquet there last year. It was gorgeous & I loved it. I have no idea how much was spent on it though, but it was beautiful. We did have to wait about 30 minutes outside the banquet hall before we could be seated though, apparently because the food and people setting up weren't ready. Keep in mind, this was after an hour long cocktail hour in the middle of the hotel (by the pool).
  • Options
    descale2descale2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the info. It it pretty expensive. We are still in the early stages of the planning process so I want to make sure I explore all of our options.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out the hotel that is in the Florida Mall?
    We had a banquet there one year too, and in my opinion it was prettier than Gaylord.
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at the Portofino Bay which is also ridiculously overpriced and it is  still less expensive than the Gaylord Palms.  You should look into the Portofino Bay because it is also very pretty and in the theme park area. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards