Florida-Central Florida

Venue

Hi Ladies, i was wondering since i live in south Florida and i want to get married in central Florida how do i go about geting a venue since i am not there to see it? Pictures on web sites can be deceiving and i don't want to be misled. Also with my schedule between work and school it will be hard to get up there to look? Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Re: Venue

• Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I would never book a venue without seeing it in person but you could email the coordinator of the venue and ask them to send you all the pictures they have of past weddings there.  YOu can also ask brides on this board to post pics of venues you are interested in. If I were you, I'd find a weekend and then call the venues months in advance to book appt times to see each venue on Sat and Sun. and just have a big weekend of looking and deciding.  
  • mizzicantwaitmizzicantwait member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. It is super important for you to view the venue. Afterall, usually the bride has the 'vision' of how the wedding would look like. Can the FI maybe go? or do you have someone you can totally trust? Another option is for you to check online venues that you like and post on here to see if any of the brides have been married there or have looked at the venue that way they can tell you what they liked and disliked. Good luck though. Also if it is a hotel, they usually have wireless, ask the person at the venue if they can give you a 'skype' walk through. You never know! =)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies!!! :)
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto everything above. I'd get your "top choices" list together (by looking at websites, reviews, pictures, or e-mailing them) and then set up an appointment to visit all of the places in one or two days. S. FL isn't too far of a drive, there are many people that plan it from out of state, so they might be able to give some other advice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    we're planning our Florida wedding all online from Ohio. i get recommendations from people on this site and read reviews from as many sources as possible. to verify what a venue looked like, i compared the vendor's photos to photos from real weddings (on this site or on various photographers' sites).

since you're only a few hours away can you take a weekend and visit your top picks? if your wedding is in Sept 2012, you have plenty of time.
  • RaquelSRaquelS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in South Florida as well - Broward County. I will be having a wedding somewhere in Central Florida. It is difficult to travel for me as well, because I have two young school aged children and I work full time Mon - Fri. Alot of the venues that I am looking at, will only schedule appointments Mon - Fri, so I am scheduling a day way in advance, to see as many as I can in one day. I really think you should do that, that where there are no surprises come your wedding day.
    *So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards