Florida-Central Florida

My small wedding guest list just doubled. Long - need venue help.

Hi ladies!

Okay so my wedding list just jumped from 50 to 100. My budget however has not doubled, but has gone up a little from $6k to $10k to cover everything from ceremony to reception minus wedding attire and accessories. I am also trying to broaden my options a little. Originally I wanted a small beach ceremony with a restaurant close by for catering. Now I am thinking of not limiting myself to just that option, but to expand it to maybe doing a garden wedding. Therefore the area in which I am looking is expanding as well. I am now looking at the West Coast and Central Florida areas. I kind of feel like I'm working backwards here as I just went from knowing I was having a beach wedding on west coast to a possible garden wedding in central Florida. I am feeling a little stressed, and have stayed away from the search engines and wedding websites for the last week because of it. 

I am going to the Anna Maria Island Wedding Festival this coming weekend, and I am hoping that I will have a better idea of what I want when I am there. But meanwhile, does anyone have any venue ideas that are within my budget? I did find a place in Mt. Dora that looks pretty affordable. It is called Lakeside Inn. ( lakeside-inn.com ), anyone familiar with them. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks and sorry this is so long.
*So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My small wedding guest list just doubled. Long - need venue help.

• edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Tavern & Chapel in the Garden in Port Orange.  I am having my wedding there and its beautiful.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • RaquelSRaquelS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow. I just checked them out. It looks awesome. I will definitely keep them on my list of potentials worth calling. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Lake Side Inn is pretty though I don't think Mount Dora is the best (no offense), if you have guests traveling out of town, it doesn't have a lot of hotel offerings.

You could check out Lake Mary Events Center, courtyard at Lake Lucerne, Winter Park womens club, Buena Vista Water Sports/Paradise Cove (beach wedding in Orlando), and Leu Gardens... to name a few.
  • edited December 2011
    Tavern in Garden is very unique but its not in your budget, It was one of the first places I looked at and I believe it was 3-4K to have the ceremony and reception there just for venue fees. Lake Mary events is also around 2800 just for venue fees.I think with 10K total you might have a hard time doing a full sit down dinner but depending on the time of day you could do a brunch, hors d'oeuves, or a dessert reception for a lot less. Leu gardens is a little more afforable and gorgeous, its not a garden venue but the winter park farmers market is very charming and one of the most popular places in orlando and in a great area. I never went to go look at it bc I already decided on a different place but Victoria gardens is north of Orlando and had great reviews and looked very nice for the price. Also look into city/town owned venues because they are much cheaper. I got stressed out too looking for a venue, sometimes its better just to take a few weeks off to regroup. Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried Tanner Hall in Winter Garden?  it's on Lake Apopka and has a pretty location.  It's not too fancy but 8hrs= $900...who can beat that!?  You should check it out. also they do not have a caterer list and you can provide your own alcohol which can greatly reduce your costs.  Good luck!

• mizzicantwaitmizzicantwait member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    why did your guest list double?
    when is your wedding?

USF has a botanical garden too. I don't know how much it costs but it is just an option.
    Also I was at a wedding recently and it was at Longwood Community Center (i think?) and that place is gorgeous. The wedding had about 120 guests or so, so it would definately work with your guest count and you have a little extra space just in case the lists keeps growing. ;)

• edited December 2011
    Try Casa Feliz in Winter Park. GORG. I'm not biased or anything. ;)
  • RaquelSRaquelS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All these ideas are great. I have a few places that I plan on checking out at the end of this month. Yay, so excited. 

@PrettyParula: I looked up Casa Feliz online, and you are right it is completely gorgeous! I'm just a little worried that they wouldn't be able to accommodate a wedding with 100 guest. All the pictures I find, look to be about 50 people, but other than that, the place is amazing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards