Florida-Central Florida
Options

Veil Comb

Ladies I need some help!

I am working on my veil and I purchased a metal comb at Joann's. I don't really like it though, it seems really long plus when I put it in my hair when its back, taking it out seems to mess up my hair. I will be wearing a cathedral lace edged mantinilla modified (I have taken and cleaned my moms veil lace, and resewn it on tulle)

Any thoughts on metal vs plastic? Suggestions on where to buy a better one?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
225 image Invited
127 image Making the Trip
98 image Missing out
0 image MIA
RSVP date February 19th

Re: Veil Comb

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i got a plastic one from michaels bcuz the joanns metal one was tooo long!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Both of my veils had metal combs. For some reason I felt like they were more secure in my hair than a plastic comb, probably because of the way the teeth are constructed.
    That's Mrs.skWhitneyAmanda to you!

You're my true love, my whole heart ♥ ♥ ♥ <-- Married Bio <br>
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I know that my veil has a metal comb, of course I haven't worn it yet, lol. 

I did read/hear somewhere that metal combs are easier to work because they are more bendable.  Not sure how true that is though.

• Options
    edited December 2011

If you're planning on taking it out of your hair at some point, maybe look into a clib instead.  It might be easier to unclip and slip out where as the comb has teeth that catch.  I'm opting for a clip instead for this very reason!  I'm removing my veil for the reception and opting for a cute headband instead!  Just a thought

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The veil I ended up purchasing just happened to have a plastic comb, and I prefer it because my hair is rather fine and it feels like it stays better. The metal combs on the veils I tried on in the bridal salons were too spaced out to hold my hair. Although Tickled makes a good point. I may take mine off the comb and go for a clip myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards