Florida-Central Florida
Options

2 for 1!

That's right, 2 questions in one post!

1) Does anyone have any experience with Jonathan Gray Flowers or DSR Designs? Met with both of them this week and liked both. Jonathan Gray was slightly cheaper but DSR seemed like I was getting a little more for the money I was spending... if you do, please tell me what you thought of the prices (if you are comfortable sharing that) as well as how you felt working w/ either person/company. Did they deliver what you wanted?

2) Speaking of flowers, FMIL all of a sudden decided that she want just FIs Godmother to have a corsage and for Godmom's husband to have a boutin. (Nevermind my God parents I guess...) Oh, and she's not paying for any of it. Bitching aside, is this common? I was only planning on people in the wedding, (Grans and Gramps, parents, and bridal party) having any kinds of flowers. What do you think?

Re: 2 for 1!

• Options
    SRivera09SRivera09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1)  personally I didn't click with with Johnathan gray flowers, and  i've heard good things about DSR.

2) and yes, grandparents and parents typically wear corsages and boutinears (sp?)  I can't spell for crap!! lol  I was also told the wedding party's spouses usually wear one.  but I don't think I'll follow that trend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Never heard of godparents or spouses of WP wearing corsages or boutonnieres, but I guess if the people are really close to the B or G, I guess that makes sense...

No experience with Jonathan Gray, but I adore Debbie at DSR. She's so cute and happy and full of ideas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think they are really super close...like I've met this lady once even though FI adores her and I'm pretty sure I've never met her husband. FI of course thinks that it's a good idea because dear old mama wants it...ugh
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rivera, why didn't you and Jonathan click? Was it more personality differences or was he not gelling w/ you about something related to the wedding? I kinda of felt like DSR went out of their way more to give me what I wanted while Jonathan ignored some stuff. Also, I would have liked to see pictures of his work a little more. ALL the pictures I saw at DSR were all their original work while w/ Jonathan, we mainly worked out of the catalog even though I saw some of his work.

Parula, Debbie was so freaking cute! I agree! Very excited about things just like me!

• Options
    SRivera09SRivera09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all he didn't really give off a great first impression.  He was  wearing baggy jeans, and busted polo that was kinda dirty with a 5 o'clock shadow.  I felt like if that's how much detail he puts into his appearance how would my flowers look?  Also, when we started talking styles/colors and whatnot, I felt like he was waiting for me to come up with ideas.  Uh hello....aren't you the florist?  Once I sat down with him I couldn't wait the leave!

If these are your two top contenders I would definately go with DSR.  But just my personal opinion ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha I def. noticed all of that too. It was my first time visiting a florist so I thought that they were supposed to put you on the spot lol but I do admit..it def. felt kinda awkward. And, not to gossip about him, but I do get the whole cleanliness thing...rough!
  • Options
    eviegrl42eviegrl42 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Johnthan Gray did my flowers and they were absolutely incredible. I personally thought he was awesome and had so much fun with him throughout the planning process. He gave me more flowers than what I probably paid for and went above and beyond it make my wedding flowers gorgeous. I don't have pictures yet but I might have some on facebook... He also did bkwards flowers for her wedding (I think in May) and she raves about him also. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't meet with either of them so I won't be of much help on your first question.

My florist did ask if there was any other special people besides parents or grandparents who we would like to have a coursage or boutonniere.  I guess godparents could fit in the category - if you wanted them to...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Evie, I'm glad your flowers worked out well! Jonathan seemed great, but I don't think I gelled as well as I did with DSR... thanks ladies for the input!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards