Florida-Central Florida

Hair and Make-Up Dilemma

I know two girls from childhood, we've only recently (within the last 6 months to a year) reconnected via facebook, and they are willing to help with hair and make up.  One does hair, the other does make up.  The problem is that I haven't had trials with these girls and they live hours away so it's not exactly easy to coordinate.  I've seen pics that the make up girl has done and the pics are awesome.  Haven't seen any work from the hair girl but my mom said her mom used to do hair too.  I liked the idea of having old friends helping me get ready since I thought it would ease the tension but now I'm a ball of nerves thinking they might not do a good job.  If you were me, what would you do? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair and Make-Up Dilemma

• Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know, when I first started planning my wedding, I wanted to get deals on everything and if relatives had a skill, I thought it was great that they could help me.  I had a relative help me on one thing and now I really wish I had paid for it instead.  I wish I had not been so worried about the budget because the  two hundred dollars I saved wasn't really that much in the scheme of things.  I would hire somebody I could do a trial with.  If you don't like your hair and make up, you won't like any of your photos and you're spending big bucks on your photos probably.  In my opinion, it's worth the extra money.  The thing about friends and relatives is that they are well meaning and love you but they're not being paid so they don't really have an incentive to give you exactly what you want like a professional would.  
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If  you are nervous about it, go ahead and ask them if you can drive over and have a trail (if you have the time). If they are too far for that, there isn't much I else I can think of other than looking at more pictures just to feel comfortable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards