Honeymoon Discussions

Disneyworld-where to stay?

Hi! Can anyone recommend a resort or hotel to stay at on or near Disneyworld?  Hubby and I want to go (we dont have kids) so looking for a nice place (not crazy expensive).
Any recommendations would be great!

Re: Disneyworld-where to stay?

• Swan or Dolphin.
    You can go to the park via ferryboat, and then take a break in the afternoon to go back to the hotel for a while, then come back over to the park for the evening ceremonies and fireworks.

http://www.swandolphin.com/
  • I really like Port Orleans Riverside ((clicky)). It's a moderate resort so right in the middle price wise. Our favorite section is the Magnolia Bend. It's just such a pretty and relaxing atmosphere!
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you're going to be renting a car and don't need to be onsite, check out vacation rentals.
    Anniversary
  • i like the polynesian for onsite. bonus-the monorail.

• My favorite if Wildeness Lodge.  You can go by ferry to get to the Magic Kingdom. It is a little more pricer than some of the others.

All-Star resorts are nice, and inexspensive, but is aimed more towards families. 

Boardwalk resort is nice.  You can walk to Epcot and get to MGM by boat.
    Anniversary Visit The Nest!
  • If you have a car, there are a lot of places off resort that you can get for cheaper than Disney resort prices. They don't come with the extra magic disney feel, but if you find a place with a kitchen, you can save a lot of money on rental cost AND on food costs (breakfast and dinner at 'home').  I've always stayed in a timeshare, never on Disney property. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_disneyworld-where-to-stay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:ad87885d-0b10-4b1f-a5e3-c62ceab3bef9Post:ca807ba6-bfbb-4432-ab54-c1ced824f38c">Re: Disneyworld-where to stay?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i like the polynesian for onsite. bonus-the monorail.
    Posted by alithebride[/QUOTE]

<div>I wouldn't exactly recommend the Poly as a not crazy expensive place to stay considering it starts at $422/night during value season and goes up to $655 during peak seasons for their most basic room. You can stay at a moderate for $240 LESS than that during value season and up to $402 LESS during peak season.</div>
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The grand Floridian!!! One word...gorgeous. I don't know prices but I'm sure it's not cheap. Worth it though!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_disneyworld-where-to-stay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:ad87885d-0b10-4b1f-a5e3-c62ceab3bef9Post:282d135d-4382-4c51-a5d9-c311d8ce126b">Re: Disneyworld-where to stay?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disneyworld-where to stay? : I wouldn't exactly recommend the Poly as a not crazy expensive place to stay considering it starts at $422/night during value season and goes up to $655 during peak seasons for their most basic room. You can stay at a moderate for $240 LESS than that during value season and up to $402 LESS during peak season.
    Posted by deburnin[/QUOTE]

crazy expensive is a relative term. it didn't seem crazy expensive to us when we stayed there-perhaps to you it does. that's why a budget amount is so helpful.............instead of assuming everyone else thinks the same thing for 'expensive'.

• Westgate Vacation Villa....like 10 mins or so from Disney and you can do the "90 min presentation thingy" and stay for the whole week for like $500!!  SWEET DEAL!  I'm doing this actually.
    God is Faithful!
  • My fiance and I will staying at Disney's Contemporary Resort when we go to Disney World next October, six months after our March 2013 wedding. September and October are some of the most budget friendly times to visit Disney World, and since we would not stay at one of the Deluxe Disney Resorts again within the next couple decades, we decided to splurge. It will be 7,000 for two weeks at the Contemporary. We also considered the Saratoga Springs and New Orleans Resorts, which we will likely stay at on future trips. For a great offproperty hotel, you should look at the Marriot Horizons Vacation club. My family and I have stayed there a couple times and it is great.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited October 2012
    My husband and I will be staying at the Hampton Inn on South Kirkman Road.  It has a shuttle to the theme parks, and we plan on renting a car.  There is no charge for parking (we found lots of hotels had a charge for valet and self park options), and the hotel has a free continental breakfast. 

Hampton Inns are a part of the Hilton chain of hotels, but they are the low-end of the chain and aren't too pricey depending on how fancy of a room you want.  I think the rooms are about $115 a night.

I would definitely stay off the Disney Resort if you are renting a car, because you will likely be able to stay cheaper off site.  Hope you are able to find a place that meets your budget!!  Good luck!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI and I plan to go there for our honeymoon and I'm considering DVC point rentals (I actually just made a post about it).  We are trying to book the Animal Kingdom Lodge with a Savannah view.  Normally, it is about $4,500 (6 nights)... according to the DVC point rentals site, it would cost around $1,500 give or take.  I can't vouch for the service yet, but it might be something to look into.  
  • I have stayed at The Polynesian, Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs, The Contemporary and one of the lowest in-park hotels (I forget which-it was only a few days). My recommendation would be to book one of the medium rate hotels. Those would be Coronado Springs, Port Orleans, Caribbean Beach resort, etc. The lowest-end hotels are cheap, but not worth it (to me). The pools aren't heated, they are full of little kids, and everything looks cheap. The highest-end hotels (Polynesian, Animal Kingdom, Floridian, Contemporary) are extremely expensive and aren't that much better than the medium resorts. You can get a great medium resort for well under $200/night, and it's great being right in the park! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards