Florida-Central Florida
Options

Newly Engaged!!!

Hi all!  I got engaged on 11/11 and I can't wait to start planning my wedding!  We're going to wait until after the holidays to start the planning process but I know it's going to be so much fun.  Any recommendations for venues from Orlando to St. Pete?

Re: Newly Engaged!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations Murphanzo! The ladies on here are probably going to ask you for more information in order to provide recommendations. There are 100s of venues. How many guests are you expecting? Are you looking for something inexpensive? Are you looking for a certain type of venue (e.g. Hotel, Country Club, Reception Hall, etc). Any other criteria you can provide? Also, you can get started with the Knot's venue recommendations for Central Florida.

Happy Planning! :)
    Married on October 22, 2011; For Sale - http://buymyweddingitems.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats and welcome!
  • Options
    aleznoffaleznoff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My recommendation is find a venue as soon as you can in Orlando.  Many places we looked at were booked a year out.  Some venues allow you to bring in outside caterers.  I am getting married at the Lake Mary Events Center.  I get to chose between eight caterers.  I haven't found any other venue that allows you to bring in that many.  I like the Lake Mary Events Center, because it is close to my home in Heathrow.  I also love it, because the entire building is reserved just for us.  I didn't want to have our wedding at a hotel, country club or beach where there is a bunch of people that are not in your wedding walking around.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on getting LMEC it is propbably the most popular venue in Orlando because of it's price and so pretty.  Though personally I don't like the drive right before the venue, it is a transitioning neighborhood. 

I would suggest choosing a venue soon if you plan on getting married next year.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going to start looking after the holidays.  My mom and step dad are taking us on a cruise to celebrate next week and then we'll have the budget talk.  Then we can find a venue.  Anyone know anything about Gaylord Palms?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards