Florida-Central Florida

Not sure of a venue, around Lakeland/Orlando area.

Hi everyone, 
              We just got engaged 2 weekends ago and we're planning for a September wedding.  September 1st, 2012 actually. We were thinking of Bok Tower or Hollis Gardens but with Hollis Gardens, they're pretty much booked.  I will be calling both places tomorrow, but does anyone have any reviews for either of these places?

We're having a small wedding, approximately 30 people or so, just close friends and family. We're trying to budget a bit and get the most "bang for our buck" when it comes to venues and their packages.  The Omni hotel seems to have a nice room, but it's $1000 rental fee and they only offer the tables and chairs. Does anyone have any venue ideas for the Orlando, Lakeland area?

Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Not sure of a venue, around Lakeland/Orlando area.

• edited December 2011
    you might want to check out lakeside 310 in Orlando. It is typically a resturant but they do events as well. I haven't personally been to it but the pictures I've seen of it are gorgeous.  In Lakeland Hollis Gardens is really popular so just be ready for other brides/ families/ engagement pics to be going on in or around that area too. Thats where I did my e-pics. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!   I will check them out today along with Bok Tower and Hollis Gardens.  You're right, Hollis Gardens is very popular.  We opted out on having a wedding on a beach scene due to our wedding date, it's the Saturday before Labor Day, September 1st.    Thanks again. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Gaylord palms hotel in Aug. I absolutely love the idea of an outside wedding, but it's indoors. They have a great all inclusive package that includes everything from the cake to the wedding planner. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married next August/September in Orlando with approximately 20 people (meeting with the wedding planer in 3 weeks!!).   We are looking at the Hard Rock Hotel for the ceremony and just reserving a private room at a restaurant for the reception since it is such a small wedding party.  A lot of the hotels have some pretty good packages to include flowers and photographers.  Congratulations and Good Luck!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Sassy and Ak!  We finally decided on Bok Tower Gardens since they offer the reception and garden site at a reasonable price.  We got our invitations yesterday and now I need to start looking at dresses. :)
  • edited December 2011
    How expensive or inexpensive is it for ceremony and reception at Bok Tower?  I couldn't find any outside catering in that area.  Do they include tables, chairs, etc.?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards