Florida-Central Florida

Wedding in Daytona Beach - Venue help please!!

Hello everyone!  I was wondering if any of you had or is having your wedding at the Peninsula Club in Daytona Beach.  If you had or are getting married there, I was wondering if I could ask you questions about it, get more information and maybe see any pictures you took of it when you visited to check it out or whatever.  Not much info or pictures available on the web. I e-mailed the lady, but she wanted me to call and ask questions instead of exchanging e-mails.  My phone isn't working and not sure when it will be fixed as I am thinking about changing companies.  

Also, I was thinking of having my ceremony there on the balcony. Did anyone do this or are you even allowed on the balcony?  BUT we are leaning more towards having an outdoor wedding close by - Ormond Beach Art & Gardens or the Rockefeller Gardens.  Anyone had or checked out or is getting married at these locations?  I would like some information on these/get some questions answered.

And lastly (I know, sorry so long), does anyone have any other recommendations for outside ceremony locations that are close by the area.  (excluding the beach).

Thanks for much for any and all help.  

Visit The Nest! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!image

Re: Wedding in Daytona Beach - Venue help please!!

• Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had my reception at the Peninsula Club. There's a few things to say: 1) They will not let you use the balcony- guests are not allowed up there, your DJ can be placed up there (although we put ours on the stage) and your photographer can go up there, but that's it. 2) I had a very bad (stressful!) experience with them. They didn't show up when were paid to be there and all the contracts said the correct time, but for some reason they thought it was a different time. There was no emergency contact phone number (I tried calling every number I could find, even the DB police). The only reason we finally got in was because someone driving by used to work there and saw we looked like we were having problems. That guy happened to have a cell phone contact for someone. If you go with them, make sure you get a cell phone number of an emergency contact! (I have the reviews in my siggy link.)

There are good things about it: It's very affordable! You can bring your own food (or caterer) and alcohol. The bar room is very convenient and nice looking. The kitchen is available if you or your caterer need it. It does look really nice on the inside, although the outside is kinda run down.

Parking is limited, so we actually rented a van and had people who were staying at the hotel block shuttled (plus they didn't have to worry about drinking and driving). I highly recommend the Bahama House for a hotel block too! They are super friendly, easy to work with, the hotel is nice, and the amenities are nice. They even let us have an after party in the lobby (not formal, just a bunch of friends/family and leftover alcohol). They turned the music on for us and brought us ice.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for the information.  Another bride said that whoever serves the drinks in the bar has to have a license to do so, she got married there over 2 years ago... Is it still the same or were you able just to supply and have someone serve them.  I think it's pretty silly.  We only plan to have regular drinks (water, soda, punch), little bit of wine/champagne, couple cases of beer and 3-5 mixed drinks which can be made a head of time if needed then guests can grab what they want when they want or I was going to hire a normal person looking for extra cash ($100) to serve them.

Do you know of any other places to have an outdoor ceremony at besides the Ormond Art & Garden place?  

I hope you got your money back for those hours they didn't show!!!  I would be stressing too if it had been me especially if time was being rushed to set up, get ready and etc. 

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you plan on serving alcohol there is an extra fee that the Peninsula Club charges (it's basically like you are buying their license), it's around $100. Then, whoever you want can serve it- we hired a bartender from our caterer, but we could of had a friend or random person serving it if we wanted to. As far as catering- we used Tuexedo Catering, but Aunt Catfish is out there and has delicious food too! They having the catering menu on their website.

I'd have to think about the outdoor- we had an outdoor but it wasn't near Daytona.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try this website for location ideas too: http://affordableweddings-notary.com/wedding_venues.html
  • jazzyexpojazzyexpo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a friend get married and have their reception there at the end of last year. I'm sure I can find some pictures of it so you can see the inside. Rockefeller is nice so is the ormond gardens. I can't really think of another place outside, those are the ones that come to mind up that way. Let me see what pics I can find.
    12/16/09 BFP!, Admitted for Low fluid 7/28/10, Alexis Renee Born via C/S (breech) 8/2/10. 3/30/12 BFP, Unconfirmed Ectopic/MTX Shot- 4/25/12 imageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Blog: The Moments in Between
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Jazzy, I appreciate any pictures I can find.  Yes, I wanted to check out Rockefeller too.  I heard they redid their wedding venue/area part.  They happen to be another place where I cant seem to find pictures on - just 2 lol.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey I found some from a friends wedding shower. Don't mind the people, but it gives you some idea lol.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/62131206@N06/sets/72157626877943252/
    12/16/09 BFP!, Admitted for Low fluid 7/28/10, Alexis Renee Born via C/S (breech) 8/2/10. 3/30/12 BFP, Unconfirmed Ectopic/MTX Shot- 4/25/12 imageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! And congrats on the baby girl. When are you due? My bday is August 17th. =)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem :)
    Thanks! She'll actually be a year old on Aug 2 lol. Congrats on your wedding, enjoy the day!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, haha... just saw the due in august badge and thought you were currently pregnant. =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards