Florida-Central Florida
Options

Nature Themed Centerpieces

I'm starting to think about reception centerpieces and I really want a cool natured theme to it. 

I'm in love with these birch centerpieces http://i56.tinypic.com/anjyc4.jpg
but I called my local plant nursery and they said birch trees do not, in fact grow in Florida. 

Does anyone know of any alternatives to birch tree centerpieces? Have you been able to find plastic *eeek* look a likes? Or any other tree that is similar and grows in Florida? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Nature Themed Centerpieces

• Options
    kriistinuhkriistinuh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can buy your own sheets of birch bark. I just searched ebay and they have some. Then DIY by wrapping it around aluminum cans and containers. A couple weeks ago I found a tutorial on doing it..don't remember where though. Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought sheets of birch bark off of eBay and it wasn't much money at all, I have been having a problem finding a glue that works with it though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another alternative could be just just do some sort of potted plants or even take wooden log pieces and use those as stands for the flowers/candles. You could actually get a wood carver (or burner whatever they are called) and carve into the wood, hearts with your initials would be cute!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards