Florida-Central Florida

need venue help

hello! my fiance and i finally decided to have a destination wedding. (live in detroit, mi) we picked the orlando area, where we met. any ideas for venues?

Re: need venue help

• edited December 2011
    What type of wedding are you looking for? (outdoor, indoor, beach, hotel ballroom...etc..)

What is your budget? How large of a venue do you need?

Giving some more information about what you're looking for will help us give suggestions :-)
  • 121angeleyes121angeleyes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    budget: 15K
    guests: 100 - 120
    date: Feb 9 2011 
    Ceremony: love to have an outdoor ceremony. but being in the winter times, it could be warm or cold so we are looking for an indoor ceremony.
    Reception: indoor
    Theme: Wonderland
    Colors: wildest hues of the following; blues, greens, purples, oranges, reds, pinks. 

hope this helps. thank you.

• edited December 2011

Hi!  I am originially from Michighan (Flint).  You might want to check out the Lake Mary Events Center.  That is where I am getting married as well as a few other brides on this board.  There are a couple of different options for outside ceremonies and also has beautiful sites indoors.  Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.lakemaryeventscenter.com/

• Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what does wonderland mean for your theme? When I think of wonderland, I think of winter wonderland but I don't think you meant that. 

There's the Dubsdread banquet hall in Winter Park on the golf course.  They have some reasonable prices. 
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_need-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:90eebea9-f11d-4e53-85a2-428ea2661e24Post:08139b5a-f1e0-495a-ac4c-b454c042414c">Re: need venue help</a>:
    [QUOTE]what does wonderland mean for your theme? When I think of wonderland, I think of winter wonderland but I don't think you meant that.  There's the Dubsdread banquet hall in Winter Park on the golf course.  They have some reasonable prices. 
    Posted by Theresa626[/QUOTE]

I had my reception at Dubsdread and loved it. Cathie and Christina are awesome and should fall well within your budget :) Lots of pictures in my married bio if you want to check it out.
    That's Mrs.skWhitneyAmanda to you!

You're my true love, my whole heart ♥ ♥ ♥ <-- Married Bio <br>
  • eviegrl42eviegrl42 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married at Tuscawilla Country Club and I love that venue they have some packages that fall in your range! HTH! :)
  • edited December 2011

My vote is for the Lake Mary Events Center (if your date is available...they book very far in advance) or The Ritz-Carlton Orlando!

• 121angeleyes121angeleyes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     thank you ladies. im gonna show these places to my FI tonight when he comes home from work. if you can think of any more please let me know.

as for the theme i guess the word "wonderland" is a bit broad. so to make better sense our theme is more of "Alice/Madd Hatter Wonderland" theme. we really dont want to disney it too much. but we love the wild colors and the wildness of the new Tim Burton feel to it. Not dark like the Ashlee Simpson wedding. we just want lots and lots of FUN. if that all makes sense.

thanks again! Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards