Florida-Central Florida

Wedding under an Oak tree

I would like to have my wedding under an oak tree at a country club, i know of dubdread that has it but dont particularly like them, any suggestions?

Re: Wedding under an Oak tree

• Why didn't you like Dubsdread? I'm curious because that is one of the places I want to look at for my wedding/reception.

As for oak trees, I'm not sure... I've just started scouting for potential places so sorry I'm not much help there. :(
     Visit The Knot!                                           image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Highland Manor, has one that Dubdread runs too, I am also curious why you don't care for them as we are looking at Highland Manor
  • I am not too familiar with the Orlando area, but I am getting married there.   I wanted to get married under an oak tree as well, Leu gardens is beautiful and inexpensive.  It has a country feel, but not a club as that it is a botanical garden.  I am still having my reception there, but we decided to have a traditional church ceremony.  Good Luck!
  • I am not too familiar with the Orlando area, but I am getting married there.   I wanted to get married under an oak tree as well, Leu gardens is beautiful and inexpensive.  It has a country feel, but not a club as that it is a botanical garden.  I am still having my reception there, but we decided to have a traditional church ceremony.  Good Luck!
  • I didn't think $750 for a "standard wedding" was inexpensive-just to have a place for a ceremony.  That's ridiculous.  I swear anything that is wedding has a ginormous fee attached to it.In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_wedding-under-an-oak-tree?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:9514125b-326d-4408-9602-21e4c18a09e9Post:8e70215b-f44e-4b66-bcaa-0f0376d3e054">Re: Wedding under an Oak tree</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not too familiar with the Orlando area, but I am getting married there.   I wanted to get married under an oak tree as well, Leu gardens is beautiful and inexpensive.  It has a country feel, but not a club as that it is a botanical garden.  I am still having my reception there, but we decided to have a traditional church ceremony.  Good Luck!
    Posted by JChristmas[/QUOTE]
  • I had my wedding reception at Dubsdread, and honestly I can't say a single bad thing about them.

They were wonderful! They had someone greet me in the parking lot to hold my train, so that it wouldn't get dirty. He took care of me and my girls to make sure we constantly had refreshments (the bride & groom get free wine, beer, or cocktails all day). He went up and got me and my husband food from the buffet, so that we could meet with everyone, and I wouldn't have to attempt to do a buffet line in my wedding dress (that'd be messy, fast!).

My wedding consultant was Megan and she was wonderful. I never felt pressured to do anything. We arrived a little late, so they pushed everything back about half an hour so that we could take pictures, and no one seemed to notice at all.

I think you should seriously reconsider them, they were a bit pricey, but I think worth it! It's at least worthing taking a moment to meet with them.
  • Did you find another place? I'd be curious to know because I am interested in the same thing and I am not interested in Dubstead either.  Would be nice if someone replied with a different venue instead of just keep telling you to rethink it.

Florida wedding venues are ridiculously priced. I was looking in other states and as usual there is more bang for your buck :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards