Florida-Central Florida
Options

Intro and much needed advice!!! LONG! Sorry

Hello Ladies!

I have been planning my beach wedding in the Daytona area for about eight months. My FH and I are both full time students completing our bachelors studies and are paying for most of the wedding with the help of my single mother of four, so we are on a BUDGET! We had tried to find several different options to include all of our HUGE families, however we realized that we aren't going to be able to have the wedding we really want if we do this due to others' expectations and pressure to pull out all the stops. That being said we thought it would be a good idea to have a very small intimate ceremony and a small dinner, around 20 people, including only those we are closest to, and then after returning from the honey moon, have our extended families and friends come to a small party with finger foods cake and punch to celebrate and share our happiness with them. I know that it may seem rude to some people to do this, however, both sides of our families are understanding, and we think that they would understand the reason behind our decision (low budget, student loans, etc) and we feel that those who truly just want to share in our happiness will not have a problem with it. The dilemma here has nothing to do with the later party, but more with ceremony. We are wanting to have the location of the ceremony beautifully decorated and were considering the use of a company who will set it up for us but are not looking to spend a ton of money, or use their photographer, as we have one of our own which is our splurge. I need advice on which companies to use and what the best value is around the Daytona beach area!

Thanks!

Re: Intro and much needed advice!!! LONG! Sorry

• Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Were you the one looking into the Peninsula club? Sorry, I don't remember.... anyway, your plan sounds similar to what we did. We actually got married in a garden in Longwood with only our immediate family (parents, siblings, and grandparents) on the anniversary of our first date (it was a Wednesday). Then, we had a reception the following Saturday for all of our friends and family. I don't think it's rude to have an intimate ceremony at all. A lot of our friends were actually glad that they didn't have to sit through a wedding ceremony. If anyone had a problem with it, the word never got around to us.

At the reception we did have a full buffet style meal because it was actually not much different from heavy appitizers. You can find caterers for a buffet style meal for $10-$20 a person around, but if your budget is even tighter somewhere like the Peninsula Club has a full kitchen so you could bring your own food and alcohol. It's only $50/hour to rent (plus a refundable deposit). I did have an issue with them, but they are very budget friendly. My recommendation is just to get a personal phone number for an emergency contact if you were to use them.

As far as companies to decorate for you- why don't you look for a location that doesn't need much decoration? That could be a big money saver right there. If it only needs little decorating, ask some friends or friends of friends to help out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I have already looked into the Peninsula club, but its not what we are looking for. We had considered using them, however, we decided to reduce the number of guests and have the reception in our home town on a different day, and are not looking to rent a venue, but go to a restaurant after the ceremony. What I am really wanting is some advice on the companies that do theintimate beach wedding or elopement packages for our actual ceremony.

:-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards