Florida-Central Florida

Newbie here + a question!

Hi! I'm SUPER new here but this seems like a great little community and a great place to start. My wedding is actually in late 2013 but I heard it's never too early to start planning. So I'm not wedding crazy yet, but I'm basically just taking in ideas.  (:

Does anyone know of any nice venus (orlando area, think Gaylord or Hard Rock Hotel) that basically let you do your own thing for your wedding food? All the hotels and such I've looked at basically set your menus for you but I'm planning on having a original, off-the-wall, not traditional wedding AT ALL and I want my food to follow that.

Re: Newbie here + a question!

• Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcom! Okay, if you are looking at one of the "fancier" hotels in the Orlando area, you are not going to be able to provide your own food. There are some hotels that will allow it, but typically they are ones that do not have a resturant in them already.

There are different community centers/city/club owned properties that you can provide your own food, but they aren't hotels. So, you'd have to choose what you REALLY want for a venue. A nice hotel or the ability to provide your own food?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • sprat85sprat85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask the hotels your interested in about the type of food you want.  I had my wedding at the Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal (right near the Hard Rock) and they were willing to do just about anything you wanted for food.  None of our food came off the catering menu.
    Anniversary
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of the hotels you have listed are higher end and will be willing to work with you to give you what you want.  Obviously they have those menus there for convenience and price point but they can design a menu with you, it just may come at a higher price because it is custom designed.  My wedding was at the Portofino Bay as well and they are very willing to come up with whatever you would like and work with you.  YOu just have to make sure you meet their minimum expenditure.  Talk to the wedding coordinator and give her an idea of exactly what you want food wise.  It may take longer to get a quote and you may have to come in for a meeting but I think they'll work with you to give you what you want.  
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sprat, your wedding was just two weeks after mine at the same place!  How come I've never seen you on here before?
  • ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work at Hard Rock Hotel and we have tons of different menus including a Mediterranean/Moroccan one that's cool as well as everything from pizza to tacos. Just let them know what you're interested in. I've seen some crazy stuff and the guys in the kitchen are pretty creative (we have a peanut butter and chocolate sandwich dipped in funnel cake batter, deep fried and served with peanut butter banana ice cream on our regular menu), so they can do pretty much whatever you want, you will probably just pay dearly for it. If you want the venue and have to money to shell out for custom menus, check it out. If you do Hard Rock, bring your own cake, ours is not great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards