Florida-Central Florida

Seamstress

I'm looking for a GOOD seamstress in the Orlando area. Also, with a decent price. I was going to have it done at David's Bridal, but am reading so many horror stories online. 

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Seamstress

• Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Jeannine, she comes to your house and is affordable. Did a great job with my dress and many other Knotties (that's how I heard about her): 407-432-7336
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    After meeting with the alterations person at my bridal shop and NOT liking her at all I ended up calling Jeanine and she was a million times better. Very affordable, came out to my house in Oviedo 3 times and did some major work on my dress that came out perfectly. I can not say enough good things about her, she's super sweet and one of the best decisions I made about the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! Do you mind giving me some cost details? I was quoted, what I thought, was pretty low at David's Bridal.. but I really have no clue what these types of things cost.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The cost will depend on what you want done. She will come to your house and give you a no obligation estimate if  you call her. I'm almost certain she will be cheaper than any store that you have been quoted from.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine was $150 for a bustle and taking it in a size overall and several sizes up top. My dress had a lace overlay that was super detailed and had to be taken apart though. I was going to budget 300-400 because of all the work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Jeanine!  If I am recalling correctly it was $140 to take in the straps and the bodice, hem it, put in cups and do a french bustle. 
  • Tootie512Tootie512 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One place to check out is Carolyn Allen's Bridal salon...they do alterations on dresses not bought at their store and the seamstress is professional nice and quick. Also , if you get married at one of the Disney area hotels they will even come and steam and press your veil and dress  on site for a small fee. They are locaated across from Sea World on Central Florida Parkway
    ~Forget or life is yours to miss~ Johnathan Larson - RENT Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • anika.alfredanika.alfred member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking of using Jeannine - but does anyone remember if she cleaned/steamed/washed (whatever they do) the dress?? An aunt of mine told me David's Bridal just puts them in a giant washer - they don't actually steam them... do you know if Jeannine does this too?? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards